F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Manual CCT Or Back To Stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Manual CCT Or Back To Stock

Where do you have the pics? If you have a photobucket or something like that just click the "image" button and paste the URL between the 2 image things like this ---> [IMG]Paste Here[/IMG] or If you have them saved in your computer just click the upload image in the post reply, not the fast reply and browse your computer to add them. If you can't get the pics just explain how you did it and I'll probably be able to figure out what you did. Thanks in advance

-Jesse-

Old 04-22-2006, 12:31 AM

Well I would like to know how to do the mod if anyone has some info I'd really appreciate it. I have heard to flatten the pin, but I'm not sure what that means. Should I just use some vise-grips and smash the ends of the pin or how should I do this? I have to work on my buddys bike and change my oil so I thought I could do the mod and then change the oil. Any help will be appreciated.

-Jesse-

Old 04-22-2006, 02:41 PM

Tahoe? What are you doing here? [8D]

I modified the stocker in my bike and it still rattles. The originator of the modded cct said he will mail me one he did to see if it stops the rattle. I make manual ccts and have sold a couple on ebay and other forums. Funny thing is I haven't put one of my manual ccts on my bike because I'm afraid of doing something wrong when it comes to setting/adjusting it. If another modded version leaves me with a rattle, I'll bite the bullet and try my hand at a manual cct.

Here's a link to an old ebay ad. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

Old 04-23-2006, 04:43 AM

I think I'll start a new post to try to get some attention to the subject since its a really common problem. BTW your tensioner looks really good, but I think I'm going to try to stick with the stocker, but make it quiet LOL

-Jesse-

Old 04-23-2006, 06:21 AM

I was still planning on ordering an APE tensioner, but now that you're doubting it....makes me kinda doubt it too.

Maybe stock is the way to go to be safe?

Are there any people on here actually running the APE tensioner????

Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: snobrdrdan

I was still planning on ordering an APE tensioner, but now that you're doubting it....makes me kinda doubt it too.

Maybe stock is the way to go to be safe?

Are there any people on here actually running the APE tensioner????
I know what you mean. It just worries me a little bit and I don't like that. I don't want to put something on my baby that going to hurt it LOL I'm so nice to it. I'm just going to mod the stocker and see how that works out and I'll go from there, well if I can figure out how to mod the stocker.

-Jesse-

Old 04-23-2006, 01:37 PM

As far as modding the stock cct, it's just a matter of bradding the roll pin that holds the head on. The head is loose and can rock back and forth. By mushrooming the ends of the pin that holds it on, you take the play out of the assembly. IIRC.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:12 AM

Pictures would probably be worth a 1,000 words here
I understand no one probably has any, but I'm just saying.

Everyone talks about modding the stock one, but it's hard to put it into words anyways & explain it to someone who doesn't know what to do

Old 04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kcult

As far as modding the stock cct, it's just a matter of bradding the roll pin that holds the head on. The head is loose and can rock back and forth. By mushrooming the ends of the pin that holds it on, you take the play out of the assembly. IIRC.
buahhaha kcult...fricking ****e mang...i have the pix but dunno how to post mang!

dunno what i'm doing here...buhahhha...

listen to cult...he knows his schiznit...

Old 04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now can you see it? notice the hollow pin near the tip? one on top is flared out the other isn't!!!
very simple mang...and rattling is GONE GONE GONE!!!
you can do this with like a countersink punch or something.

I DID IT! I POSTED THE PIC! THANKS TO MOM AND DAD FOR YEARS OF SUPPORT AND CBRFORUM FOR BELIEVING IN ME! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT MAH DOG COCO AND MY PET TURTLES...

Quick Reply: Manual CCT Or Back To Stock