F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Manual cam chain tensioner ?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Manual cam chain tensioner ?!?!!

hhahah ed....you did the 520 conversion eh? i just did mines a bit ago and i don't feel schit...ahahahha...but it's cool, bike is going to be track only...
did you do the cctl mod to the stock one? i'm going to flatten the pin and make it all good.
t

Old 03-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By flattening the pin and getting rid of the noise you are just getting rid of a symptom NOT the problem. I am glad I have more integrity when I work on the airplanes you guys fly on. If you really understood maintenance and maintenance practices you would realize that you are only making the eventual problem worse.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:47 PM

As an English teacher, it scares me that those who work on the airplanes that I fly on can't spell realize.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:37 PM

Look man, it is a typo. the s and the z keys are right next to each other. I am glad you are SOOOO intelligent. So, please go ahead and explain to the world aerodynamics and the principles behind jet engine operation. I bet "AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER" you really lead the intelligence pool around your friends. Dear God, when I grow up would you PLEASE let me be like this ENGLISH TEACHER because she is sooooo smart.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:31 PM

First of all, slow down buddy, it was a joke. I figured you could take a joke since you seemed to be badgering the other members of this forum about their ethics as mechanics who do qick repairs instead of "proper" ones. But since you obviously cannot take a joke; my apologies. By the way, I'm not a "she" I'm a rather large "he", the marcee is a nickname for Marcellous, and by your defensive nature I question whether you actually work on planes or mop the floors at the airport. Either way, I'm sure you are lightyears more intelligent than I

Old 03-27-2006, 02:40 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Very bad day with kids mom. I apologiZe. <---I got it correct this time. Seriously, no hard feelings!!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:42 AM

No hard feelings!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rjmech

By flattening the pin and getting rid of the noise you are just getting rid of a symptom NOT the problem. I am glad I have more integrity when I work on the airplanes you guys fly on. If you really understood maintenance and maintenance practices you would realize that you are only making the eventual problem worse.
like i said before...what is your point? to sound like a ***** then yes...accomplished. first off, your post tone is VERY condescending...commenting on how much integrity you have and how i do not understand maintenance practices? do you want to have a pissing contest too to see who has more integrity? Nice complex you have...but you should really get it looked at...and the whole thing regarding spelling...it tells a lot about someone...

you're an airplane mechanic and by your post and tone i think you want us to bow down to you or something...but you aren't a motorcycle mechanic nor are you an engineer.

Have you taken the piece apart and actually looked at it? do you know why the stock cctl makes that noise? it's the cctl itself making the noise and not the cam chain. the cctl is still putting tension on the cam chain and it's the internal components of the cctl that's rattling.
what's the point of the cctl? to put tension on the cam chain. is the noisy stock one still doing it? yes.

so how is this getting rid of a symptom and not the problem? ...the play within the pin is the cause and by flattening the edges of the pin, you are modding the pin and correcting a flaw that came from the factory, it no longer has the play to rattle. you're taking it right to the symptom and correcting it...

so...maybe you should take some biology classes or some other classes that lets you know the difference between, cause and effect, correlation, symptoms, etc. glad you aren't a doctor...but a mechanic...hmmm...doctor for motors...i feel bad for all the money you're wasting your employer by your misdiagnosis of problems.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 PM

He's right, several honda mechanics have told me that, don't know why Honda itself has never issued a 'fixed' part. Tahoe, gonna do mine in a few weeks as soon as we get some warmer weather. I didn't notice the 520 conversion because i did the -1 at the same time.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 PM

Tahoe are you a mechanic? Are you an engineer? You work for Honda R&D? You bash me for my attitude when you are the guy who jumped on the frist post bashing it all to hell and back. I am sorry if you are offended but if you wnat to talk about my attitude mabye you need to step on toes just a little lighter to begin with.

And, for the record, I am so glad to see that you know all about my knowledge of aircraft. How about you tell me how they work. You really seem to me like you would be one of the passengers who get so bent out of shape over an aircraft having a maintenance issue because you just want to get from point A to point B without consideration of your own or other peoples safety. You are LUCKY to have a mecahnic who DOES over think the problem. I know some who I wouldn't trust to know how to open the bathroom door from the inside if the house was on fire. I am not an a$$ I just don't agree with you. If you have any HONDA service letters or documentation to back up the fact that the cam chain is tight enough WITHOUT the cctl then I will happily concede that I am WRONG. I have no problem being proven wrong but don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about unless you can show me WHY.

Quick Reply: Manual cam chain tensioner ?!?!!