F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lucky Strike Fairings In =)

  #1  
Old 01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Rennen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 183
Default Lucky Strike Fairings In =)

Got my lucky strike fairings in a few days ago. I'm going to be updating this thread as i put the bike back together. I'm going to be doing this slowly because the left side fairing was cracked upon arrival and the seller is shipping me another one, so I am in no big rush to get it completed.









Headlight finished today. I put in some HIDs as well as Audi style LEDs at the bottom:
Old:

New:
 
  #2  
Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
datru's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellflower, SoCal
Posts: 109
Default

Dang what a bitch that the left fairing came cracked. At least they're doing a good service by replacing it. Can't wait to see it on the bike. I take it these are one of those chinese ebay fairings?
 
  #3  
Old 02-01-2010, 12:34 AM
jdschmidt's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,511
Default

I have never seen the Lucky Strike ones. I really like them though. The gold just sets them off in my opinion.
 
  #4  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,692
Default

looks really good man you should find a mirror gold wind screen or something itd make the front of the bike really stand out....
 
  #5  
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Rennen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by datru View Post
Dang what a bitch that the left fairing came cracked. At least they're doing a good service by replacing it. Can't wait to see it on the bike. I take it these are one of those chinese ebay fairings?
yup. they're auctmart fairings. i've heard really good things about them, and that their fairings are one of the best fitting aftermarket ones. im also waiting on the dynaliner insulation i ordered last night to come in before i put on the sides so they dont melt. hopefully the install will be pretty painless.
 
  #6  
Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 29
Default

Looks like some great stuff. Can't wait to see them on. I have always liked the gold color scheme.
 
  #7  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Ouch! That looks bad in the 7th pic. looks like they didnt prep it well enough, the paint reacted, but at least they are going to send you a new one, good luck with your project.

Do you have a post on your headlight project, I would like to see some more pics if you have any.
 
  #8  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
jdschmidt's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,511
Default

I actually put a set of them on my f4I after I wrecked it from overseas. Mine came cracked in that exact same spot as well. I didn't feel like waiting another month to get another one because I had already set up some time to use a paint booth. so I just used some fiberglass repair kit and fixed it. They also lined up reealllyy good, had to bore out one hole a little bit, but that was the only problem I ran into.
 
  #9  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Rennen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by Lakeshorebandit View Post
Ouch! That looks bad in the 7th pic. looks like they didnt prep it well enough, the paint reacted, but at least they are going to send you a new one, good luck with your project.

Do you have a post on your headlight project, I would like to see some more pics if you have any.
the 7th pic is a pic of the back of the fairing which is why its crappy. the paint on it is actually pretty good. i didnt take pics while i doing my lights because it was pretty straight forward. do you have a specific question about it?

Originally Posted by jdschmidt View Post
I actually put a set of them on my f4I after I wrecked it from overseas. Mine came cracked in that exact same spot as well. I didn't feel like waiting another month to get another one because I had already set up some time to use a paint booth. so I just used some fiberglass repair kit and fixed it. They also lined up reealllyy good, had to bore out one hole a little bit, but that was the only problem I ran into.
they're sending me another one and i guess i get to keep this one since i paid for the shipping insurance. i'm thinking that i'm gonna plastic weld it and hold onto it just in case anything unfortunate happens to that side fairing.
 
  #10  
Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Rennen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 183
Default

Plugged in the headlight today. and guess what?! three of the LEDs at the end of the right strip are out. this is starting to become a pain in the ***. i called oznium and they're sending me another strip. this sucks because now i have to take off everything, then start all over again...


 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lucky Strike Fairings In =)


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.