F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

looking for undertail need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for undertail need help

so im looking for an undertail but i dont like the ones with the two round lights. but i cant find one that solid light sillimar to the stock one any one know of one. thanks

Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Default RE: looking for undertail need help

i think your lookin for the HOTBODIES RACING - SUPER SPORT undertail....i believe they stopped making them but im not positive, either way you shouldnt have too much trouble finding at least a used one........heres a site with a few pics, hope its what your lookin for
http://breaklites.com/honF4iundertail.htm

Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 PM

http://www.pimpbike.com/HONDA%20UNDE...NDERTAILS.html

4th row on the right. You can buy those style on ebay too with the led (stock style) tailight.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 PM

thats exactly the look im looking for. does it just bolt in or is there cutting involved and modification involved. also what do i just buy a lincence plate braket and atach that to it and what about a licence plate light can i finde one and fab it up? thanks guys

Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 PM

All undertails require the excess plastic to be cut off.

You will also have to cut and splice your brake and turn signals.

The compartment lock will have to be relocated, requiring you to relocate where the lock and cable is fastened on the inside.

The undertail should come with brackets to mount your license plate. You will have to drill holes for the brackets. I would also suggest getting an LED light that acts as a license plate bolt to illuminate your license. This will keep you legal. Mount your license plate with it angled toward you (standing behind the bike, look it the rear end). If you mount it angled away from you, it will get bent when you bikes suspension compresses.

The undertail doesn't bolt to the body work, it uses plastic tabs to secure it to the plastic tail section. It doesn't feel very secure, but they don't move.

Keep in mind that you will lose a lot of visibility on your turn signals. I haven't seen an undertail with LED's that are bright enough to be usefull (especially durning daytime). My undertail included.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:40 PM

but i have an idea for the licence plate were i will be able to mout the licnec plate and get some turn signals mounted to. the prior owner of the bike hacked apart the hundertail with a saw so i got to do something and has crappy turn signals.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM

That is exactly what I am looking for also. This style in "Winning Red"..... I talked to HotBodies and they said due to the lack of sales of this specific style of undertail they choose to discontinue it... I really would like to retain the look of the stock tail-lamp when I decided to go with an undertail conversion. Anyone else know of any others out there similar to this particular one?

Thanks,
-John

[IMG]local://upfiles/8258/D46AC5099CA743CAA209318AACC6C978.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM

i have an artfibras one that i got from ebay. . it was like 120 shipped. came as a 1 piece replacement with a fiberglass undertray w/battery box as one whole piece. . .worked out for me since i did an 03 conversion and this let me do it without buying the stock undertail

Old 06-21-2006, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: traitorhound

i have an artfibras one that i got from ebay. . it was like 120 shipped. came as a 1 piece replacement with a fiberglass undertray w/battery box as one whole piece. . .worked out for me since i did an 03 conversion and this let me do it without buying the stock undertail

Looks nice traitorhound! Do you know if artfibras have a web-site?

Thanks,
-John

Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: traitorhound

Looks nice traitorhound! Do you know if artfibras have a web-site?

Thanks,
-John

Quick Reply: looking for undertail need help