F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking to buy an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy an F4i

Right now i have an F2. I went to look at the F4i last night, and one thing i noticed was that one of the two bolts that hold the top part of the tank on was sheared off, when i questioned the seller he said that the owners manual said to take the tank off to replace the battery. I know that my F2 only requires the seat to come off, and I can't think of any reason why the F4 would be any different. There are a couple other minor flaws on the bike, but i want to know if that line was BS from the seller. Can someone confirm that the owners manual does NOT state to take the tank off to replace the battery? Or better yet, point me to a copy of one? Thanks!

Old 05-06-2009, 05:23 PM

yep...that's BS...since you have an F2, you are no newbie at Honda's.....trust your insticts...you can tell how badly abused a bike is...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM

When i called him out on that, he got defensive and said, "Well the tanks on now, so whats the problem?" This bike immediately dropped off my list.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 PM

good call. I am not 100 percent sure but I think you need to loosen the tank to change the air filter. But if you sense any dishonesty either walk away or if the deal seems good have the bike checked out before buying.

I think you did the right thing.