F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.

1st off does anyone with a pimpbikes undertail know how to place the lock in the lock hole?! I have tried multiple ways and once it is in the hole there doesnt seem to be enough tension on the cord to actually unlock the seat...maybe i am not doing something right???

2nd for whatever reason the previous owner thought that a dark red fingernail polish (In the picture) would somehow look good and match the beatiful red of the F4i. I have minor chips in the paint that have been carelessly painted over with fingernail polish and its been this way for a year and it REALLY bothers me . They are all on the tank and I am hoping that it is something that can be fixed. Anyone know anything about touching up spots on the tank??? Process ect...or maybe how much it might cost to have done somewhere!? Thanks in advance!
Sorry the picture kinda sucks but there is a nasty spot down by the wing and one or two in the right side of the picture...Also some little spots that were dripped on the other side of the tank...dumb guy...

Attached Thumbnails Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.-101_0032.jpg  

Last edited by K7inne09; 04-16-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 AM

on the stock tail plastic(i assume you cut it off like i did) there is a little pillar loking piece with a small hole and a raised circle that the retainer plate for the cable attached to. that cable retainer is required for the lock to work. i cut that pillar lookin piece off the stock and screwed it horizontally to the tool rack (the little trays under the seat) at the very rear. as for the lock cylinder itself, yours is a diff brand so you may not have this prob, the fiberglass was a little thiner than the plastic and a had to put a little rubber cement on the inside edge of the lock cylinder and let it dry so it wouldnt spin the whole thing when i turned the key. if this doesnt make any sense let me know and ill take some pics after work for ya.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM

Yeah man if you get a chance and could send me a picture or 2 that would be great ... Previous owner had some b.s. Fender eliminator on there and it looked bad so he already did some cutting and didn't even have a lock...so I had to get a new lock and what not...anything he did to the bike was wrong so now I'm trying to go back and fix it a bit ...thanks for your help if you want just pm the pictures over

Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 AM

ok well i get outta here at 1600(4pm) so look out for em around 1700.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM

here ya go i got to it at lunch.

Attached Thumbnails Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.-dsc00694.jpg   Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.-dsc00692.jpg   Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.-dsc00693.jpg   Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.-dsc00691.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 PM

Ok awesome! Pics definitely gave me some ideas. Thanks for your help I quess ill have to rig it somehow!? I have the little arm and what not Ill need to find some way to create tension when the little black piece on the lock is turned! Thanks Again!!!

Now anyone have some advice on touching up **** poor fixes by previous owners?!?!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM

this is from the pimpbike directions for the 01-03 models
UndertailLock.jpg?t=1271463997

Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM

got it all done works like a charm!! Thanks....Idk wtf i was doin the 1st day i tried to install it...i must have been in total dumb*ss mode

Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM

Well I just recently bought the pimpbikes undertail and I just installed it today, everything works great except for the lock. The lock hole is at an angle to when I put the lock through it I can have the cable to it but I cannot mount the cable bracket so there is noway that I will be able to unlock my seat. I will try to get pics up later but if anyone has any clue has to what I mean feel free to chime in and help me out.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Lock placement(pimpbikes undertail) and paint touch up help please.