F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lets talk about cold weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lets talk about cold weather

ORIGINAL: five0addict

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
no jeans, makes you colder...riding pants only!
colder that what??
what's colder than that? what? what is that? oh....colder than what? hahahha....

colder then other types of pants...even khakis...i don't know why but when i was in maine, the locals there told me jeans were the worst in cold weather...they were right, something about how it conducts cold or whatever...

Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a thread with alot more posts than this not too long ago. I made a really long reply there. Search for that for more help. basically:

Winter gloves are warmer during riding than riding gloves.
Wear long undeies under whatever you wear.
get something to cover your chin/neck. even a hole cut out of a beanie will work. << That is the thing that helps most that I can think of.
Wear layers from socks to shirts.
Duck under the screen as much as you can safely.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:35 AM

I just bought a pair of motoGP riding pants from Newenough.com with an insulated line, can't even feel the cold. My Cortech GX-Air mesh jacket has a windproof and thermal layer. Winter riding gloves, and a neck/nose thingy I got at a outdoor store. Simple enough, pants zip to jacket. I'm not even a little bit cold, the air inside the helmet is cold, but since my mouth is covered, I keep alot of the heat and moisture in. I could ride as long as the tires stick, But it's still above 30-40 at night in DC... Riding pants, even leather ones with a nice mesh liner will help cut the cold a ton. Thermal layers (poofy quilt type stuff) really really help.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:17 AM

Get the hell out of here. You are whining about 60 degree days and 40 degree nights? Come on. It hasnt been 60 here for weeks, probably a month, and I rode last week. Anything below 40 and I wont ride, but 50-60, surely that isnt cold.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Yeah... it's about 30-40 when I ride in the morning to work at 7am... but hey whatever floats your boat

Old 11-18-2006, 03:03 PM

i wear underarmer and it works great =] whos all from texas?? and what part!

Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 PM

...as a Maine rider myself i found that jeans are def bad. At the end of a ride they feel stiff like they're iced over and wicked cold. As a decent substitute for riding pants I wear Carhartt double knee work pants..they work good.
________
Michigan marijuana dispensary

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 PM

i wear snow/grass camo pants that were like 20$ from the army outlit =] those things are effin warm!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

i wear underarmer and it works great =] whos all from texas?? and what part!
My roommates ride to and they wear underarmor and it works great. Also im from College Station, TX. I rode to San Marcos this weekend. It was dark and 50 degrees (for us Texans that is cold). But i had a jeans with pajama pants on underneath, long sleave shirt, jacket and those insulating glove and my riding gloves and i was great the whole way. I just need to get some boots.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:36 PM

yea im from dallas my self =] my f4i is my only means of transpertation till i get my RR a new bike tire.. but that still out in the cold

yup under armor stuff works great! i normaly wear under armor shirt + t shirt + riding jacket + army pants + with shorts under + one of those ninja mask lookin thinks to keep my face all warm.. never walk into a bank with one of those one i made that mistake and everyone was lookin at me till i took it off and i saw all the bank tellers sigh in relief lolz

Quick Reply: Lets talk about cold weather