F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

leasing a bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leasing a bike

hey everybody im wondering if any of you are leasing your bikes i am interested in this since i dont have the funds to buy the bike i want. if you guys do lease could you give me an idea of what the rates are.
thanks steve

Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. Don't lease a bike. Just look at cheaper bikes if you don't have the right funds. How old are you though? Plus, you'll have to pay most of the cost upfront. Just not worth it.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM

im 19 and im not looking to buy a PoS
i cant get a loan and i cant finance parents are totally against this
so LEASing is my last option
ill be going into the airforce in a few month so leasing will be fine
can any1 help me out here

Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM

I would say wait til you come home from the Air Force to buy a bike. If you are 19 and can't afford a bike. You probably won't be able to afford the insurance either. Is there anywhere that will lease a bike? What happens if you wreck it? How much do they charge you for replacement costs.

And if you have never owned a bike, you don't want a new sportbike as your first bike. You will lay it down and why ruin a nice bike because you don't have the experience to ride it. Its just a matter of time before you wreck your bike, better to do it on a POS than your nice new one.

Not trying to hack on you, just trying to save you some headaches.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 PM

I'm pretty sure once you come back from the Air Force you'll have plenty of cash to buy a bike. My buddy just got home from the Air Force after a year, and he bought an S2K... i say wait it out. and +1 to Stephens. you don't want a sportbike as your first bike if you have no experience.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM

yeea i understand you guys are just being realistic
ive just been workin real hard i mean i even got another job just for a motocycle so it seeems worth it to me
do u guys see what im sayin its kinda like im rewarding myself with the pleasure of a bike before i go away for a while

Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i didnt know you could lease a motorcycle..... youre insurance would be insane, bc i bet they would make you do full coverage bc if anything happend i bet they would just make you buy it instead of fix it. for the price of insurance and bike payment over a few months you could prolly have a really clean f4i. -that you get to keep

but all you can do is all you can do, before you do anything call your insurance company if you havent already. you dont want to screw yourself. just have them give you a quote so youll know what youre gonna be paying.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 PM

you can buy an F4i for $3000 or less, that's pretty cheap.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 PM

very true im going to take a look into insurance first

Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea dude wait till you get out. It will be worth it! You'll have more money anyway for toys.

Or else you're gonna get it, ride for a few weeks/months, and than torture yourself while you put it away making payments and paying insurance while it just sits.

Quick Reply: leasing a bike