F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

layin your baby down

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: layin your baby down

Luckily havent dropped mine yet but it got damaged when it was stolen so knock on wood that is back workingi wont drop it anytime soon but like they say there are ones that fell and ones who will fall.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Old 06-05-2007, 04:03 PM

I was up in the canyons hittin some twisties.As I wasgoing through a left corner a huge SUV crossed the yellow line right into my apex. I had to straighten out but by the time I wanted to lean into the turn again I was already in the gravel onoff to the shoulder ofthe road. Luckily it was a turn off for slower vehicles to park so I had more room to stop before hitting the rail. Unfortunately no matter how straight you try to keep the bike gravel and tires dont mix when you are going over 30 mph. I lowsided about 5-6 feet. I had a scratched up stator cover, broken windscreen bruized thighbut thats about it. It could have been muchworse and I was surprisedthere was solittle damage to the bike ormyself.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM

2 years of riding.....not once . came close though, but it wasnt rider error.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 PM
IDL

Over a year now without droppin. Came close once when an ambulance was coming up behind me. Wasn't in a very good spot to pull over but I pulled over anyways and the side of the road was gravel and grassy. Pretty sketchy

Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered Users

I just started riding in Sept of last year and bought my buddy's F4i. I had gotten into my underground garage and was taking it out for my first "real" ride. I pulled up to the garage door and had to slow down, turn, and stop to press my clicker for the garage door. I was still so new to a sportbike (I learned at a riding school where they taught us on 250cc cruisers) that I slowed down to much while I was still turned that it just started to fall over. It was soooo slow that I sort of caught it as it went down but not before I had scratched my front signal light and a little scratch on a cover. There was already a small scratch there from the previous owner, I just made it a little bigger...things only about an inch, have to look to see it. Since then, nothing...granted....that's only a few months ago...haha!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 PM

high side crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPJ1S...ed&search=

Old 06-05-2007, 10:12 PM

I dropped my bike twice the first day I had my bike, which was also the first day I had ever ridden a motorcycle. That was 2.5 years ago. I've washed my rear tire out a few times since then, but I've always been able to recover.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM

One time I was out at night riding and passed another rider stranded on the side of the highway so I exited, got back on and came the other way, exited again and got back on where I passed him in the first place.....shut the bike off, put the kickstand down, got off my bike, and it started to fall over to the left and I wasn't able to catch it- and hurt my wrist trying to save it. Turns out I put the sidestand down on a rock- it was so dark I didn't realize it.
So that's the only time I've dropped a bike but under the circumstances I don't really consider it "truly" dropping a bike. Only damage turned out to be a cracked lens on the left front signal- the other rider came and helped me lift the bike up, lol.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A year for me. Damn cat ran out in front of me at night while I was haulin' *****. High sided and destroyed all the fairings and stator cover along with a fractured hand and badly rashed knees. Was wearing all the gear I had at the time (Jacket, gloves, helmet, and boots). Rebuilther and now she looks better than before the wreck. Iride SO much more cautious now especialy at night. I'm almost, in a way, thankful for the wreck because it made me improve my riding habits and maturity as a rider.

Quick Reply: layin your baby down