F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

K&N Air Filter Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Air Filter Installation

I was browsing on ebay this morning and picked up a K&N Air Filter for $40 including shipping...needless to say pretty new with bikes and was just curious if there is anything in particular I should know before throwing this thing in....I just figured I'd change it cause idk when the last owner changed it....Anything will help!! Thanks!!....also is it true there is a HP, torque and accel. gain with these filters?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Install is pretty easy. Just keep track of all the screws you take out. There is a screw in the middle of the airbox cover that you'll need a long skinny phillips head screwdriver to get out, keep that in mind.

And no, I doubt you'll notice a change with just an air filter. If you had a PCIII and tuned for it, it'd help a lot more.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean and "recharge" it

Old 08-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Clean and "recharge" it
clean and recharge the one you got or the one your getting????

Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 AM

Got it! um Im not sure if it is foam element or not didnt pay enough attention although i probably should have, part # was just Ha-6001 i believe ....i saw it on ebay new for 30$ + S&H so i figured it was a decent buy cause i know that they run near $50-$60 elsewhere....will i have to readjust the Fuel/Air mixture with this new filter?

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 AM

Thanks again for you help guys! on this long slow process of learning about motorcycles. I know a bit about cars but i just dont trust myself enough with my bike thats why every little piece of info counts... I seem to have this mild scare that if i screw up one small minor thing on my bike her and I are gunna be sliding down some pavement and I do my best to avoid that lol but thanks again the help here is great!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
It will depend to some degree on how she is setup now and what altitude you are at plus what temp the region you are in gets up to and down to..

Chances are that she will run fine , but if she feels like you have lost power or she runs too lean ( a spark plug color check will determine that ) ... yer you will have to re set the air mixtures ..

Wait and see what sort you have ordered .... if its a foam one that needs to be oiled , just follow the instructions and give it a try ...

You wont go and kill anything or yourself mate ...so don't stress ...
umm my K&N isnt form and requires oil

then again, my dino isnt as old as your dinos are

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter Installation