F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just got my F4i (2001) Need some help :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my F4i (2001) Need some help :D

Hey guys. Just picked up a 2001 Red w/Black Wings.

Beautiful bike. I'm in love. Had an F3 a couple years ago.

Guy I bought it from put an HID in the low beam, but the high beam is regular... I gotta get that fixed... : \

Also, front farring is cracked very small just above the headlight, but he bought a new farring for it, it just needs paint...

I don't like the tail lights (aftermarket) gonna need some options on that...

And lastly, aside from eBay where's a good place to pick up some spools? I have a lift, but I need the spools for this bike.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 AM

Sweet ride. Got any pics??

Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 AM

For sure! Lemme dig them up.

*EDIT* Here we go
Name:  2012-07-20134030.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  214.6 KB
Name:  2012-07-20163643.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  146.0 KB

Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 AM

Question: with that undertail, does it give you more room in the "trunk" ? since the plastic looks to be much lower to the ground

Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You cant dop spools easily on an F4i.. but there are ways around it.. there are posts on here about using threaded rod through the axle tube (storage only) or welding a bung to the bottom of the swingarm.. but personally I have a swingarm stand and I have never had an issue with it. (Trex)

As for the lights, well.. there are people that have replaced those with ones from I think superled.com or something.. do a search for undertail and lights

Old 07-28-2012, 10:47 AM

There are also posts on here to where you can throw an RR swing arm onto the F4i which will allow spools. I have read it a while back so I can't quite remember more details so just do a search on it if ya like. I'm sure you'll find it no problem. Also you can simply do what I did if you like which was pop into Cycle Gear and pick up a paddock stand for 40 bucks or something which is on sale. Usually it is about 90 bucks. I have absolutely no complaints using a paddock stand and for my needs seems plenty sturdy.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Swingarm spools are not necessary w/a good swingarm stand. However, if you really have to have them, you can weld up the tabs or drill into the swingarm to install threads. PitBull used to have *weld on spool adapters & insert kits* for this purpose. Contact them for more info. Also, any quality bike race shop can do this for you as well.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM

looks like a hotbodies undertail with bad lighting. and is that a TRS slip on i see?

Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by S2005
Hey guys. Just picked up a 2001 Red w/Black Wings.

Beautiful bike. I'm in love. Had an F3 a couple years ago.

Guy I bought it from put an HID in the low beam, but the high beam is regular... I gotta get that fixed... : \

Also, front farring is cracked very small just above the headlight, but he bought a new farring for it, it just needs paint...

I don't like the tail lights (aftermarket) gonna need some options on that...

And lastly, aside from eBay where's a good place to pick up some spools? I have a lift, but I need the spools for this bike.
Sweet color combo, thats the color I wanted but got a super deal on silver/red. Same tail I have, the lights are a little hard to see in the day but at night they are good, better than stock. Wish I could find that color combo. Good luck.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll have to do some more research as always... The spools aren't a huge deal, I don't really want to weld or have welding done to this bike... I just look for some swingarm stands.

As for the taillights, I have heard a few people say its the hotbodes, but I don't fully understand what that means... I don't like how it looks though And my LEDs are not bright day or night... I don't know which bulbs to buy to make them bright... I used to buy lights for my cars off of superbrightleds . com

I don't know which exhaust is on the bike, it came with it when I bought it. It is a yoshi...

Quick Reply: Just got my F4i (2001) Need some help :D