F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?

I thought squids don't wear leather at all. That is funny woogie! I was thinking the same thing...Mat Mladin, both Hayden brothers and others in the background of that video were wearing rocket...that must mean that they're pro squids.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

I thought squids don't wear leather at all. That is funny woogie! I was thinking the same thing...Mat Mladin, both Hayden brothers and others in the background of that video were wearing rocket...that must mean that they're pro squids.
lol did you not read my other posts?
Mladin has a crap load of pull with Joe Rocket because he is the sole distributor of Joe Rocket gear in Australia so he can have a suit custom built from the ground up with any specs he wants. The other pro racers have suits that are based on the best Joe Rocket consumer suits (which aren't terrible, a lot of people like their top of the line suit) but have extensive modifications, including I believe some kangaroo and extra stitching. The non-yosh suzuki riders wear Joe Rocket because they are a team sponsor and to team bosses, money talks. To show you the confidence they have in Joe Rocket, there was a picture floating around from daytona in 04 or 05 that showed Spies, Tommy and Rog Hayden, and maybe Zemke sitting on the Honda hay bails at Daytona in full gear. They are all wearing Joe Rocket leathers but every one of them are wearing Alpinestars boots and gloves, a company that doesn't sponsor any of them. Joe Rocket did put a stop to that though, and now if you notice Zemke and Miggy switched to Alpinestars. Actually at the Barber AMA race, Ben Spies had a small crash in practice and his gloves ended up full of holes, he had to wear them during the race because the other pair Joe Rocket had ready for him (we're talking seconds before the race) didn't fit right, same size, same model gloves but they didn't fit!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:12 PM

I find it funny how stuff is ALWAYS mis-posted in the wrong section, and how so many people keep buying things and THEN after they have already purchased they ask for advice and opinions on the items. Usually I go about researching and asking before buying, kinda seems like common sense if ya ask me. But then again, common sense has flown the coop.

-Berg

Old 05-10-2006, 03:53 AM

its just a thread, dont open it if you dont like it

Old 05-10-2006, 08:27 AM

What we have to keep in mind here is that NO ONE who is a big name racer on a bike or in a car, etc., wears "off the shelf" stuff you & I can buy. The Dale Earnhardt Jr & Michael Shumacher & Matt Maladin's of the world all get custom-made gear from very select spec levels from their sponsors. You & I cannot buy it.

So when I buy gear, I don't necessarily look for what they're wearing. I have to buy what fits, what's comfortable, what I can afford. What appears to my eye to be well made & durable & use common sense. Now if there's an independent testing done to tell the consumers what performance a certain product gives in the real world, that is helpful. Anectdotes, while useful, don't form the final answer for any of us, cause they don't have any scientific testing behind them.

So Woody, I respect your opinion & you have more bike track knowledge than I, since I've been primarily in the car racing world, but above is how I have to make my selections.

Best to you!

Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 PM

makes a ton of sense, jet jokey and that is exactly how it should be done, not by listening to me
as I said my opinion is very biased, honestly even if Joe Rocket came out with the best suit on the market, I couldn't wear it, because thats whats necessary for me to be able to get out there and back it into a corner or slide out of a hairpin. but you right each person should research a product and try it on for themselves

so basically I'm just screwed for life on Joe Rocket, good brand or not lol

the important thing, leveltwo, is that you have a suit, which is a good start. just make sure you don't put it to the test anytime soon

Old 05-11-2006, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

makes a ton of sense, jet jokey and that is exactly how it should be done, not by listening to me
as I said my opinion is very biased, honestly even if Joe Rocket came out with the best suit on the market, I couldn't wear it, because thats whats necessary for me to be able to get out there and back it into a corner or slide out of a hairpin. but you right each person should research a product and try it on for themselves

so basically I'm just screwed for life on Joe Rocket, good brand or not lol

the important thing, leveltwo, is that you have a suit, which is a good start. just make sure you don't put it to the test anytime soon

Nah!! SOME day........I can just see it now!!!!!!!!!!!! Our "Woods" is gonna be a FACTORY JOE ROCKET RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sm=exactly.gif]

[sm=burnout.gif] And then he'll have to tell Alpinestar & SPIDI jokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 AM

haha I wish, well sort of

I guess if they paid me enough i'd wear a freakin clown suit on the track

Old 05-11-2006, 04:05 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

So when I buy gear, I don't necessarily look for what they're wearing. I have to buy what fits, what's comfortable, what I can afford. What appears to my eye to be well made & durable & use common sense.
this is the best advise. for the majority of riders, any quality "racing" gear will be more than adequate.

oh, and woody, sorry but i had to point it out. isn't that a joe rocket logo for your avatar??? [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]