F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?

I just ordered my Joe Rocket GPX Type R 2 piece suit and was wondering if anyone has this. Any thing to comment on it, good or bad?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Default RE: Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?

okay I normally ignore this but how is you buying a suit, F4i specific?
wrong section

anyway, I have no experience with it but I personally wouldn't buy a Joe Rocket suit, it may be a great product but the company doesn't exactly have a top of the line reputation with anybody but squids

Old 05-09-2006, 02:18 AM

Really? I didn't know that....I just watched the video you posted (other section), and Matt Mladin wears Joe Rocket....

Old 05-09-2006, 02:24 AM

the Joe Rocket gear that the Pro's get are a large step above whats available to the public, and a HUGE step above the normal Joe Rocket products
thats why you don't see it nearly as much in club racing, you just can't get the good stuff they get

Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 AM

im sorry for the post, but im in the f4i section all the time, so i thought i would just do it anyway

Old 05-09-2006, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

the Joe Rocket gear that the Pro's get are a large step above whats available to the public, and a HUGE step above the normal Joe Rocket products
thats why you don't see it nearly as much in club racing, you just can't get the good stuff they get
What's the downside of the "Joe Average" -- Joe Rocket gear??

What would you recommend Woody as the best stuff us amateurs can get our hands on?

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:56 AM

i was looking at my buddy's joe rocket suit like the one i ordered, and it looks very nice and well built with all the padding needed for street and track wear, i dont know what he is talking about as Joe Rocket stuff being "cheap". my friend loves his suit and says it is very comfortable...

Old 05-09-2006, 03:12 AM

its known for the stitching ripping out, the one set of Joe Rocket gloves I owned, ripped to pieces in a crash that I barely touched my hands on the ground at all, both gloves had holes in the palms and one on the back, while my alpinestars gloves have been through 2 much harder crashes and are still mint, with perfect stitching that will actually hold up. Not saying its crap or anything but its definitely not the best. I have honestly never heard anyone pick a joe rocket suit over one of another decent brand.

for suits, I wear a SPIDI and its been through 3 or 4 crashes (I bought them used with a crash or two, and then I crashed twice in them) and they are still in really good shape, don't look great but all the stitching is intact and the leather and padding is still good for a couple more crashes. Alpinestars also makes good stuff. Komodo is a newer company that uses both cowhide and kangaroo in their suits and I have heard really good things about them.

the bottom line for me is that on the track I want the best gear I can afford and want something I have confidence in, Joe Rocket doesn't sell a suit that fits that bill for me so they don't get my money

Old 05-09-2006, 03:32 AM

well, it is your opinion, and i will honor that, seeing as you seem to know about it since you race on the track, and yes, i have alpinestar gloves and boots, so i am in their market too

Old 05-09-2006, 03:41 AM

yeah its definitely just my opinion and I don't expect it to be taken as fact by anybody, my view is that if I buy something from SPIDI or Alpinestars I have the confidence that when I crash, my gear will protect me, which to me is HUGE. After that set of Joe Rocket gloves I'll never have that confidence with a Joe Rocket product, some may consider that stupid, but when you back it into a corner at 90mph the last thing you want to think about is "if I crash will my gear fall apart on me?"

Quick Reply: Joe Rocket Suit Purchased, any comments?