CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Jardine slip-op (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/jardine-slip-op-105937/)

VTcbr 02-12-2010 04:08 AM

Jardine slip-op

Who here can vouche for the sound of a Jardine slip-on?

I like the looks of it for my f4i but i've never heard one in person and youtube clips do no justice for any exhaust.

K7inne09 02-12-2010 08:40 AM

It's an awesome exhaust! I love mine... I have the Cf one with the race baffle not street... Unless someone else has a sound clip I'll try and post one sometime this weekend for you if I can bring myself to hook the battery back up in my cold garage...I also know there is some website that has sound clips for almost every exhaust out there ...I am pretty sure the site is posted somewhere on here I can't recall where though...

redzintimidator 02-12-2010 09:04 AM

i love mine. I have the titanium high mount(but i also have a low mount mid pipe for when i take passengers). it looks and sounds great. It only gets warm to the touch at the hottest(muffler....the mid pipe gets really really hot duh) It sounds great. not as good as a two brothers but still really good for only $270 :-p

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_eAGqfR6FyjY/S..._7_8_fused.jpg
https://lh4.ggpht.com/_eAGqfR6FyjY/S...0/_MG_3567.JPG
https://lh3.ggpht.com/_eAGqfR6FyjY/S...0/_MG_3572.JPG

VTcbr 02-12-2010 06:56 PM

I heard a yoshi and i wasnt impressed at all with the sound...it sounded one notch better than the stock pipe which isnt very impressive at all. Is the Jardine deep and throaty?

Can you hear it coming from a distance?

mplpl 02-12-2010 08:30 PM

Throaty not loud, my D&D is much louder but the Jardine is deep and clean

VTcbr 02-12-2010 10:23 PM

Red i'm doing my undertail possibly the same as yours....did you have to paint it or did it come that way if if so what kind of paint did you use?

andymp3 02-14-2010 02:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I had one and sold it...I lost 4 hp on the dyno because of the crazy bend in the high mount...I Like the looks and finish however noticed a big drop in HP....I also did not find it loud enough.....Just my opinion...Like I said ...I sold it and put a fully M4 system instead..I also have a Hindle pipe that I cut down for when I want to make noise or drag race...LOL! Again if if yours in not the high mount then don't worry about it...Cheers

redzintimidator 02-15-2010 05:39 PM

You can buy pre-painted ones i think..but i know how to paint so i bought the cheaper one and bought paint.

K7inne09 02-16-2010 07:39 AM

Hey red what did you do as far as your tail light goes? I've been looking to do something simliar for awhile but don't want to pay an @ss load for a new tail light w/ integrated signals if I don't have to...and is it pretty bright?

hondajunkie 02-16-2010 08:04 AM

I can vouch for the sound......aluminum standard mount,street baffle.
Slightly thoaty but not loud @ idle..at mid to high rpm has a higher pitched shriek that I like. Not as deep sounding as say a Two Bros. but quieter. Its great for street riding because its loud enough to hear but not too loud to where everyone around can hear you coming.
As a matter of fact, friends riding behind me often tell me they can barely hear my bike until I get on it.
For the money the pipe is great...I think I paid $250 to the door for it 6 years ago.

m3ds 02-16-2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie (Post 884074)
I can vouch for the sound......aluminum standard mount,street baffle.
Slightly thoaty but not loud @ idle..at mid to high rpm has a higher pitched shriek that I like. Not as deep sounding as say a Two Bros. but quieter. Its great for street riding because its loud enough to hear but not too loud to where everyone around can hear you coming.
As a matter of fact, friends riding behind me often tell me they can barely hear my bike until I get on it.
For the money the pipe is great...I think I paid $250 to the door for it 6 years ago.

Yup I loooove the sound of mine. It's not obnoxiously loud but definitely loud enough when you get on it, and it has a nice sound to it as well.

VTcbr 02-18-2010 07:28 PM

I'm almost thinking it's not loud enough now....you all can understand why i'm taking my time and completely investigating before purchasing....one comment about how it's hardly loud @ idle makes me think twice...d n d is to loud and i do like the appearance of the jardine----damn wish i could hear the jardine in person!!!

backroad 02-18-2010 07:38 PM

I had a Jardine low mount with the race core. Not too loud.....let's just say it sounded nice. Then I went to a Hindle hi mount with an oval can. It has a slightly deeper and slightly louder sound than the Jardine at idle and lower revs. At hi rpm, it is loud with a race bike scream. Not as loud as D&D though. I think D&D's sound obnoxious no matter what the RPM. Also, the Hindle hi mount doesn't have the big kink in the mid pipe, so you won't get the HP loss that a Jardine hi mount is known for. Stick with the Jardine or check out the Hindle oval cans. You'll like them and your neighbors won't hate you as long as you don't nail it until you're out of the neighborhood. :D

hondajunkie 02-18-2010 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by VTcbr (Post 884977)
I'm almost thinking it's not loud enough now....you all can understand why i'm taking my time and completely investigating before purchasing....one comment about how it's hardly loud @ idle makes me think twice...d n d is to loud and i do like the appearance of the jardine----damn wish i could hear the jardine in person!!!

Trust me,the pipe is loud enough.....you'll definitely be able to hear it though your helmet...its not as quite as a stocker,believe me. It's just not near as loud as a Dumb & Dumber.
Tell you what....This weekend is the bike show in Chicago.....so I'll be all biked up so to speak.
I'll fire up my bike on Sat. and shoot a video for you so that you can hear it, that way you can decide.
Sound good to you?

cwmc29 02-19-2010 01:40 AM

VTcbr - I have no issue with the Jardine pipe. It was one of the first mods I made for my 2000 F4. It has a great sound to it. It made such an impression on me that I got a carbon fiber pipe for my 03 600RR and just love it. The pipe is not going to set off alarms like some pipes, but you will ahve no issue hearing it when you crack it open. The nice thing about the pipe is it looks good, sounds good, but is not nearly as expensive as some other pipes.

VTcbr 02-19-2010 03:22 AM

Honda junkie a clip would be more than excellent but from the clips i've seen in the past it's really hard to tell. See, i like the sound of a 2 bros but dislike the appearance....i kind of wish the jardine had the 2 bros sound to it because i like the appearance of the jardine pipe but collectively you're selling me on a jardine. Who here has heard a devil pipe?

SReeD08 02-19-2010 09:24 AM

I have the Jardine RT-1 and its an amazing exhaust. love mine. nice and deep!

Candypaintdrip 02-19-2010 09:55 AM

Two Bros hands down. I checkef on youtube and like you said didnt do much justice. Went with the carbon fiber one and I couldnt be happier. Have heard other f4is and didnt sound as great...they had a yoshi, and d and d

m3ds 02-19-2010 11:25 AM

It'd loud enough at idle, I think most people are just saying it's not that loud because they're comparing it to the obnoxious pipes. I like the way it sounds idling :)

VTcbr 02-19-2010 08:19 PM

IMO d n d are annoying flat out!

Yoshi's aren't loud enough-they're more or less a babay step above the stock pipe.

I haven't personally heard the Jardine that's why i'm reluctant but i do indeed like the looks of it.

I'm not a fan of the 2 bros appearance but the sound of it is appealing.

anymore input would be great---big decision here fellas!!!!

hondajunkie 02-20-2010 05:40 PM

Here ya go...hot off the presses...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_P2201810.jpg

VTcbr 02-22-2010 04:24 PM

Thanks for the clip man, definately appreciated!

Surprisingly enough this clip exemplifies the true sound of the pipe unlike most clips where as you really cannot make out the pitch.

I'm 90 percent sold on a Jardine as of right now.

hondajunkie 02-22-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by VTcbr (Post 886067)
Thanks for the clip man, definately appreciated!

Surprisingly enough this clip exemplifies the true sound of the pipe unlike most clips where as you really cannot make out the pitch.

I'm 90 percent sold on a Jardine as of right now.

My pleasure,glad to help :)
I think youll be happy with it as most of the guys here who have one will tell you.
Price,sound,volume and looks are all what sold me on the pipe.
Keep us posted on what pipe you end up getting.....
............and I want a video clip too!! ha-ha

killakali408650 02-22-2010 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by andymp3 (Post 883534)
I had one and sold it...I lost 4 hp on the dyno because of the crazy bend in the high mount...I Like the looks and finish however noticed a big drop in HP....I also did not find it loud enough.....Just my opinion...Like I said ...I sold it and put a fully M4 system instead..I also have a Hindle pipe that I cut down for when I want to make noise or drag race...LOL! Again if if yours in not the high mount then don't worry about it...Cheers

i like devils high mount but then again there is a drop in hp cuz of the bend in the pipe, i noticed a big difference when i put my LOR exhaust in

Junior2552 02-23-2010 08:49 AM

Jardine is a respectable pipe. but if you want deep and throaty, i would look into a Two Bros., or Scorpion. Scorpion's don't need remapping or anything like that, and they sound great. I have the titanium scorpion pipe on my F4i, and it sounds awesome, nice and deep. but Two Bros. is also a good brand for deep and throaty, neither are very loud at idle, but they can be heard when you get on it. Between Jardine, Two Bros., and Scorpion, I don't think you can lose.