F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

inverted forks

Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Default inverted forks

hello all I have a 02 f4i with a 959 fork conversion, I do not the the handle bar turn radius need to complete the military requirements. does anyone know how to make the handlebars have full range of motion as the stock handlebars. I was just gonna grind the stops off the forks that bump the frame unless someone knows a different way

Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

What is the turn radius needed?
I know when I did my test it was VERY close to full handlebar turn to turn.
Sportbikes don't have good turning radius's as it is, but I'm sure the fork change isn't making a huge difference. Maybe get to an empty parking lot and practice for a couple hours.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 AM

Well turning isn't an issue while driving because leaning plays a factor but the damn military safety courses are at 5 miles an hour and requires the bars to touch the intake covers to complete it

Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stinkonia View Post
Well turning isn't an issue while driving because leaning plays a factor but the damn military safety courses are at 5 miles an hour and requires the bars to touch the intake covers to complete it
I've never heard of that. Please produce documentation. The bars should NOT touch the covers.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM

That was pretty much the same as my MTO test.
There were 2 pylons 3.5ft apart and those sets of pylons were placed 15ft apart and you had to slalom around the outside of each pylon and that also has to be done around 5-7km/hr. On my CBR you practically went from full turn to full turn, I practiced for days but in the end I did it (Only 2 of 11 people passed that part and the other was on a CBR 125).

Practice and lots of it is your answer.

Its easier to ride fast then it is super slow.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Default Inverted forks

Well it has been over a week and my account still is not approved so I can not post my pics can someone post pics of there bars at full turn so I can compare. Mine do not go far enough to even lock the bars

Old 04-20-2012, 06:03 PM

Well it has been over a week and my account still is not approved so I can not post my pics can someone post pics of there bars at full turn so I can compare. Mine do not go far enough to even lock the bars
email the pics to [email protected] and I can post them for you.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM

When doing the 600rr front end conversion you have to grind a portion of the steering stops. Once you do, you next hurdle will be the brake master hitting the fairing when turning the bars to the left, and/or the clip ons hitting the duct covers.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by knonfs View Post
When doing the 600rr front end conversion you have to grind a portion of the steering stops. Once you do, you next hurdle will be the brake master hitting the fairing when turning the bars to the left, and/or the clip ons hitting the duct covers.

If your brake master is hitting the windscreen and clips on are hitting the airducts wouldn't that make the turning radius tighter then OEM?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:45 AM

Just grind down the stoppers it's what I had to do on my 1000rt front end

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: inverted forks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.