F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

interested in a power commander

Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interested in a power commander

I put a two bros pipe on my bike, had it about a year. It backfires every so often. I know it needs a power commander and would like to get one. Which is a good brand? Is it possible to get a used one that works? How much would it really help?

Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Power Commander is the brand name, and it's the best one to get. It will help with the backfire issue, but to be the most useful you should get it dyno tuned by a performance shop sometime in the future. But it will help smooth things out for sure.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 PM

I installed mine over the winter and took it out for a ride last Friday (before we got 6 inches of snow, f'in MI weather). I can definitely a difference in the powerband. If you've got the coin I'd recommend it for sure.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Since were all snowey up north here...Try lookin around local, maybe one will fall into your lap like it did with me:

Was in advance auto parts, rode my bike down, wearing my jacket inside. A guy behind me says. "yo what kind of bike do you got"..thinking its just another kid oo and ahh-ing i said a cbr 600..he said "f4i?" yup! then asked if i had a power commander on it, i said "no, but hopefully soon." He said "do you want one? Its right out in my car?" ..lol HELL YEA

Turns out he wrecked his f4i drag bike a few weeks ago and that was the only thing he could get off of it before they came to pick it up. So all in all i paid $50 for it right there on the spot. Sweet deal.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 PM

wow, hell of a deal bro!! I thought it was recommended with a full exhaust system, not just a slip on like the two brothers I have. I should consider it, I get the backfire problem aswell

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Candypaintdrip
wow, hell of a deal bro!! I thought it was recommended with a full exhaust system, not just a slip on like the two brothers I have. I should consider it, I get the backfire problem aswell
Each bike is different. Your bike might have bad plugs, or filter or just bad sensors for the map, who knows.... But you do need to get it custom tuned to feel anything significant

it should be said you are safe without it until full exhaust or filter change... However, with just a BMC race filter and two brothers exchaust... While I only gained .5 hp top and lost .5 low... My airfuel ratio doesnt span 12-15 now, and is pretty steady around 13.4. It seems stronger because it is smoother. It is definitely more responsive, and it sounds and actually feels to my butt smoother just sitting on it with the vibration of the engine while running.

Last edited by coolbluedab; 02-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 PM

i have a 2Bros on mine and with no PC. i want one just dont have the money for it right now, but mine runs fine. im sure it can run better of course but no backfire, etc. it still has the stock air filter in it right now and thats one of the things i just ordered so we'll see if going from stock to K&N increases the need for a PC, hopefully not.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM

$50?? nice buy, almost too good to be true. I wouldnt mind buying a used one depending on how long somone has had it and if plugs are okay. Ill prolly wait till mid summer to get one if i have to go new. If anyone has a used one and wouldnt mind waiting until April to sell it. Id prolly do it. My backfiring has been bad its only when i hammer the throttle and then let off, but just normal riding its fine.

Thanks to all

Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM

sticky injector or your just really rich. try a tune up, seafoam, check plugs, check filter, etc...

Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM

the Previous owner of my bike sold the PC that was on the bike when he got it...said he didn't notice any difference when he disconnected it, so he sold it. no sure what he was thinking really...oh well, guess i'll have to get one eventually to see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: interested in a power commander