F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Insurance Quote from Progressive..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Age of the person and how many tickets count also on your insurance policies. When I was alot younger I was paying $100/month and now it is less than $50/month both policies were full coverage. Now the policy has a $100 Deductible.

Just something to think about.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always try to match my UM with my BI. best way to protect myself

Old 09-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Genysys
I just applied for a quote from Progressive
and was curious what u guys thought of this quote

2003 Honda CBR F4i
Custom Package $806.00 ($70.09 / month)

Bodily Injury : 100k / 300k accident / 50k property
Uninsured Motor : $25k person / $50k accident
Medical Payments : $5k each person
Physical Damage : Actual Cash Value
Comprehensive : 100 Deductible
Collision : $250 Deductible
Roadside *** : selected
Accessory Coverage : $3k included

I am already paying more than that through state farm
was curious if you guys think its worth it to switch to progressive
It all really depends on where you live and age... I pay $212.40 ($17.70/month) 2001 F4i

Bodily Injury : 100k / 300k accident / 50k property
Uninsured Motor : $25k person / $50k accident
Medical Payments : $5k each person
Physical Damage :
Comprehensive : $0 Deductible
Collision :
Roadside Assistance : Included
Accessory Coverage :

I had nothing but problems with Progressive when I had them. I have State Farm now and Nationwide was about the same...

Old 09-21-2010, 12:52 PM

^ Right On, depends on location/age/history

You should keep you liability limits for PD and BI at $100k to cover your ***.

At $25k for BI, if you hit someone and put them in the hospital, they cover the forst $25k and the rest comes out of your pocket. And hospital bills aint cheap!

Keep your comprehensive coverage at a LOW deductible and your collision HIGHER.

Comp doesnt affect premiums as much as collision.

In maryland I pay $400 a year or 33 per month for full coverage.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:19 PM

i actually work with an attorney's office and deal with insurance carriers on a daily basis. i won't say BI is unnecessary, but it's just unlikely. i'm sure motorcyclists are more prone to serious injuries due to an accident but it all depends on the person and the accident.
best case scenario, a prudent person in the best of circumstances wouldn't be at fault for an accident, the opposing defendant who struck you or cause you to strike them, would be at fault. your own BI coverage becomes obsolete, you have to look to the defendant to see if they have coverage, and if they don't, UM is your best bet.
The only reason to carry a high BI on a motorcycle is to match it with UM in my opinion. 1 out of 3 drivers in florida don't carry BI insurance and i'll be damned if i can't go after someone if i get hit.
and furthermore, unless it's some huge case with deaths involved, insane amounts of public property damage, or multiple traffic infractions/citations, most attorneys, if not all, do NOT go after private individuals. it's a sucky sucky thing to get popped by someone without coverage, but legal representation will get you no where. the state may force the defendant to garner wages if the events were catastrophic, but that's on a case by case basis.
bottom line, just get as much UM as you can afford, cuz it's hella cheap. i'd like to have myself covered before worrying about others.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 PM

I've tried progressive twice both times they screwed me over. The most recent they denied my homeowners discount because my mobile home just turned 10 years old. I still got a mortgage so its still my home. I will go back to geico as there coverage isnt quite as good but prices have always been the same or better and none of this discount BS.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm definitely switching to Progressive. Do they offer multi line discounts? I'd put my car under it too.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Genysys
where in phoenix?
I am moving back to chandler in about 3 weeks
i have surgery this week for a hernia and then im
gonna be moving back
let me know we will go ride sometime!
Im in Scottsdale. I've got a buddy with a nice house in Chandler (Warner/Dobson). Give me pm when your in town and we can ride sometime. Every saturday night at the Pavillions (Indian bend & 101) there is a MASSIVE car/bike show. We can head over there one night. You wont believe all the bikes you can see first hand. Just about every year and bike out there Thats where I saw/decided on my next bike..an 07 RR...now only if this damn F4i would stop acting so strong...show off

Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Thats where I saw/decided on my next bike..an 07 RR...
I thought I recognized the Red F4i on craigslist the other day (BTW, what are you asking for it?)...I haven't been to the Pavillions in a long time but I don't remember there being a lot of bikes. I should try to get out there sometime soon.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 115Degrees
I thought I recognized the Red F4i on craigslist the other day (BTW, what are you asking for it?)...I haven't been to the Pavillions in a long time but I don't remember there being a lot of bikes. I should try to get out there sometime soon.
I'm asking a lot and I'm staying firm because the bike is very strong and all the F4i's around here are ragged out or stunted..Pavillions these days has tons of bikes...theres at least 5-6 rows filled with everything you can think of...a lot of doucher squid bike groups though...all of em come flying in with no helmets pm me if you want to meet up there one saturday! I dont have too many friends that ride...correction...I have 0 friends that ride

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 09-23-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Insurance Quote from Progressive..