F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

INSURANCE (NOT the Q thats been asked 1000 times)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSURANCE (NOT the Q thats been asked 1000 times)

im looking for insurance prices right now and i can get really good deals on some as low as 250 a year, but thats without collision/comprehensive.
if i do comp with 500 deductible its only 600 a year which still isnt bad, but that without collision,
my question is what is collision converage exactly? is it necessary, because once i put that on i go to like 2400 a year. so id like to do without it but i didnt know if i didnt get it if i would be screwed if something goes wrong so if someone can clear up exactly what it is/does that would help. thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Default RE: INSURANCE (NOT the Q thats been asked 1000 times)

good question. im wondering kinda the same thing. whats the pros and cons of full coverage vs liability?in the end, what makes better sense?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM

Liability only covers the other persons property. Not yours. Full coverage is what you would need if you wanted your insurance company to cover your bike in the event of a wreck.
I pay 1000.00 bucks a year for full coverage on my bike and it covers all my extra adftermarket stuff on the bike. My full coverage also covers theft, fire, and other "acts of God".

My bike and extras:
02 CBR 600 F4i
Corbin front and rear seat w/ backrest
jardine/micron exhausts
Autocom communication system
Custom decals

Here are text book definitions for you:
Collision coverage: Covers the damage to a policyholder’s vehicle resulting from a collision, regardless of who is responsible.
Liability coverage: A type of insurance that pays or renders service on behalf of the insured for any loss or damage due to his or her negligence
Comprehensive Coverage: Optional insurance that pays for damage to your car caused by things other than collision. For example, if your car is stolen or vandalized.
Full coverage: The combination of liability, comprehensive and collision coverage is commonly referred to as FULL COVERAGE.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM

ok thanks.
i just got on progressive and i can get like 700 a year and have collision andcomprehensive so i may end up going with that.
i def. want comprehensive b/c i will have to leave my bike when im in class and stuff and im just nervous about it being stolen.

So basically what collision is... if i get in a wreck (regardless of fault), and want any money for my bike then i need collision, right?
even if its totalled, and i dont have collision, then i get no money for my bike, right?

just tryin to make sure i understand this.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Always go with full coverage man. If you try to skimp out on insurance I promise you will get screwed down the line with oh if you had xxx then we would be able to give you xxy. Worth it in my oppinion.

Edit: You should re-size your sig the picture is huge sauce.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 PM

You are correct. I have progressive and have had no trouble with them. I got rear ended about 6 months ago and when I contacted the girls insurance who hit me she hadn't filed a claim. Suprise, suprise. I called progressive and told them and they took over from there. I had a check within 4 days.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Rumblebug77

You are correct. I have progressive and have had no trouble with them. I got rear ended about 6 months ago and when I contacted the girls insurance who hit me she hadn't filed a claim. Suprise, suprise. I called progressive and told them and they took over from there. I had a check within 4 days.
Even if you had liability coverage the accident was not your fault and therefore the fault of the other driver/their insurance company. It doesn't matter if she filed a claim or not, you have the right to file a claim with the AT FAULT PARTIES insurance company. If they fail to meet your demands, you can ask your insurance company to mitigate for you.

This just happened to me, I did no have to involve my insurance company at all. I simply told the at fault parties insurance agent that I was fully insured, but would like to make a claim through them so that my rates would not change (which they didn't).

It's important to know your rights as a motorist.

Matt

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 AM

You are correct Matt. It is important to know your rights. I do know my rights. The purpose of my last post was to simply let G3NESYS know how well Progressive worked for me. Regardless of wether or not I had insurance the other girls insurance would have paid for the damages on my bike. I just wanted him to know that Progressive is a good company, in my opinion, and they took care of everything for me so I didn't have to.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM

+1 on rumblebug That's what you pay them for. Even with liability on my jeep and afew other clunkers i have only had liability on, progressive has always done well for me. I got into an accident in a corsica and the other ins. company was draggin it out. I called my insurance and they lit the fire under thier a$$ with legal terms I didn't know or understand. That's when I learned not to be afraid of ins companies.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM

thanks for the input guys.
yea so far progressive is the cheapest, and it soundslike they have great service as well so most likely i will be going with them. i still have a few months for im actually goin to insure anyway, but thanks for the feedback

Quick Reply: INSURANCE (NOT the Q thats been asked 1000 times)