CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Installing toggle switch on HID kit?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/installing-toggle-switch-hid-kit-123159/)

pipedcbr 03-29-2011 02:26 PM

Installing toggle switch on HID kit??

I am installing a 8000k HID kit in my bike. However, I want to put a toggle switch on the hid system. How would I go about doing this? WHERE does the toggle switch go for the best results?

Thanks

backyardmechanic 03-29-2011 02:46 PM

What is the toggle switch for, turning on and off the running light?

jeffjones 03-29-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by pipedcbr (Post 1032162)
I am installing a 8000k HID kit in my bike. However, I want to put a toggle switch on the hid system. How would I go about doing this? WHERE does the toggle switch go for the best results?

Thanks

I was planning on doing this when I was going to do Angel eyes.
Just put it anywhere on the positive wire before your ballast and it will be fine.
And I am assuming your just going to put it on the left side since you can just run your LO's and have the toggle off and both lights will be off.

waddleboy 03-29-2011 06:25 PM

How do you want to set it up? There are a lot of ways to do it. You can have a single switch or a double a switch. And what you wanna control. I did it for mine and control all the lights and ccfl. Depending what you wanna do changes your set up. Your projectors high beams are a neutral source and what i mean by this is all they control is cover so thats a straight connection. all you need to is decide what you wanna with the low and ccfl

pipedcbr 03-29-2011 06:41 PM

I have it where both lights are on all the time. I want the toggle to act like the MAIN shutoff so I can run angel eyes for looks. I should put the toggle right behind the ballast...in so much as I mean that the toggle is right off the battery?

waddleboy 03-29-2011 07:12 PM

Well this is where a picture helps if you have one. The way mine was set up if i put it right off the battery, none of my lights had power because you are killing the main power feed. So if you have a picture i can probably be more helpful but you can also explain it and explain how your ballast is set up including the wires coming out of it

waddleboy 03-31-2011 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay so here are the two wiring diagrams. The first one is with the ccfl lights on all the time but your lows and high beams are on a switch. The second one is two switches but both lights are off and you can control them individually

you need to splice into the headlight wire harness but the colors i use may not be the same for your bike. Check your manual or use a volt meter to see which one is the hot wire and thats the one you splice into.

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask or pm

ccfl lights on all the time:
Attachment 48988

Both off:
Attachment 48989

Mr. Suave 03-10-2012 01:07 AM

Can you find hotwire from the Lo-beam and splice it into the Hi-beam hotwire that already has a switch, and turn them both on and off at the same time with the stock switch?