F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Input on footpegs for taller people

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on footpegs for taller people

I'm about 6'3 and was riding w/ my feet positioned wrong on the footpegs through turns and eventually started to scrap my toes. So now that I know I'm supposed to be have the ***** of my feet on the pegs when riding aggressive I've found it uncomfortable. I'm looking for suggestions as to how I can move the stock footpegs to be more comfortable for a taller person w/o sacrificing ground clearance when leaned over.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM

This is the only thing I know of that might help your problem. I've considered buying them myself but they seem so expensive for what they are.
http://www.whaccessories.com/FootPegLoweringKit.htm

Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
This is the only thing I know of that might help your problem. I've considered buying them myself but they seem so expensive for what they are.
Foot Peg Lowering Kit. Wild Hair Accessories. Motorcycle Accessories & Aftermarket European Parts.
Thanks, but you're right about the price. How do you deal w/ the discomfort, just get more flexible or used to it?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Mostly I just try to deal with it. Stretching before you hear out can help. Sometimes I stretch out my legs on the straightaways to lossen up my knees. I also tend to stop at senic places if I'm just on a country ride so my legs can get a stretch. I guess I enjoy riding enough that I just deal with the pain mostly. To me it's worth it.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by 02F4I1987
They raise the stock pegs up 1" and back 1". Up is good for clearance but I don't think it will be good for people w/ long legs, maybe the 1" back makes it easier on you? I don't know, but if you get them let me know how they do.

Jeff I do enjoy it like you, it's just that I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if I was comfortable. I'll give it some more time as I just recently realized my feet were wrong on the pegs.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by chambers

Jeff I do enjoy it like you, it's just that I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if I was comfortable. I'll give it some more time as I just recently realized my feet were wrong on the pegs.
Getting old sucks haha. I imagine at 18 it wouldn't of bothered me at all.
I've never heard of anyone going this far but I imagine getting more limber would help also. Perhaps yoga (no joke) or matial arts would allow you the flexibility to be more comfortable in your riding position.
6'3" does have to suck though. I'm 6' and it's bad enough.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 PM

Also if you add padding to the seat it will give you more leg room, or something like an airhawk.

Last edited by RedBaron; 02-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
Getting old sucks haha. I imagine at 18 it wouldn't of bothered me at all.
I've never heard of anyone going this far but I imagine getting more limber would help also. Perhaps yoga (no joke) or matial arts would allow you the flexibility to be more comfortable in your riding position.
6'3" does have to suck though. I'm 6' and it's bad enough.
Yea it does, funny thing is I was thinking about yoga. Good for me and my bike riding, might even be some good looking ladies in the class.

Thanks for the suggestions RedBaron. I don't think I'm gonna mess w/ my seat as it's a corbin, but I may try the riser plate since it's a cheaper option.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:45 PM

do you have stock pegs??

I'll be honest, I'm 6'-7" (yes six foot seven inches!) and I find the F4i among the most comfortable bikes I have rode so far. However, I have aftermarket pegs on my bike, so they lack the rubber vibration dampener pad. I would like to try the one up and one back setup as I noticed from riding other sport bikes (like 929, 954, 1000rr, and r1) that the only real noticeable position difference was the foot pegs seemed further from the ground.

I definitely prefer neutral or rearsets as opposed to forward controls, which cause my hips to sort of lock up if I stop and balance the bike.

I also find that if you start to feel uncomfortable riding in the same position for a while, it can help to sort just stand up on the foot pegs...it may look dumb, but it can help (plus it'll cool the seat off a little on a hot day).

Quick Reply: Input on footpegs for taller people