F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

****ing Soccer Moms

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****ing Soccer Moms

so i was cruising on the highway, wasnt doing anything stupid, and this soccer mom in an SUV is driving in the lane next to me. I am riding right next to her passenger window for atleast 3 miles and she decides she is gong to merge into my lane so i honk my horn and rev my engine she is oblivious and on her cel phone luckily the lane next to me is clear so i cut over i flicked her off as i rode by her and she has the nerve to give me a dirty look and i am just like b!tch you coulda killed me, anyway i get to my buddies shop and am talking to his boss who has been riding for years and told him what happened and he asked me if i punched her side view off i said no and he said that he woulda and it woulndnt have beeen the first time. sorry i just needeed to vent these god **** ****ing moms in the biggest damn SUVs they can find just bug the hell outta me!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Default RE: ****ing Soccer Moms

Punching off someone's mirror will get you nowhere but in deep poo if you're caught...but it is nice to think about doing sometimes, I'll agree.
Also, never ever hang next to another car for any amount of time, even if you're next to their window. People are so stupid and only care about themselves. Hang back or pass asap.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:51 AM

Dude I feel your pain, used to happen to me every day down in San Diego. Never failed. Usually it was a little filipino or mexican @#$ch that was driving a ford excursion. Rubber necks and new eyes around the head are all that keep us alive.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:24 AM

That's alot of trust in her to be next to her for 3 miles. If it's taking too long I will speed up, or slow down if they're passing me, to get it over with. It's easier for me though since I live in a more rural area and don't have bumper to bumper traffic.

I was riding along in the middle lane of a 6-lane highway (3 each way), there were three cars in the left lane and the front one had passed me and the second one was right next to me. For some reason he got ticked and came right at me. I was so lucky there was a 10 foot gap between cars in the right lane or I woulda been a goner. We got to the next stop light I got off the bike and went to the dude's window telling him that he almost killed me and needed to check the lane before switching. And he was yelling back that I shouldn't tailgate...WTF! I was never behind him other than to pull behind him at the stop light. Oh well, his passenger pulled pistol and pointed it at me. I got their info and got the hell outta there and called the cops. Turns out the dude was drunk and the chick had warrants out so they both went to jail. Probably wasn't the best idea for me to get off the bike and go up to the window though.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Puck

That's alot of trust in her to be next to her for 3 miles.
+1. I try not to stay next to someone for more than a couple seconds. I generally try to move just a bit faster than prevailing traffic. I watch drivers as well as cars. You can tell when you have an inattentive driver.

Also, ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN!!! Make sure you know where you are going to go when the car next to you decides he wants your lane. Your bike is faster, stops quicker, and can slip through traffic better thant just about any four wheeler on the road. Use it.

I am a fairweather commuter so stupid crap happens around me all the time. It dosent matter what you do, you are invisible to have the drivers out there. One saying I try to live by "Ride like they are trying to kill you!". Once you really get it you realize you can't trust anyone on the road. Not ever the guys you ride with. As soon as you trust someone on the road they do something stupid that you werent expecting and you all end up in the ditch.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:48 PM

i cant wait till they make driving while talking on a cell phone illegal.

back when i drove it was funny seeing all the stupid **** people pull, now its just scary. stay away from the blind spots and lookout for people with there hand to there ear, just as bad as a drunk driver, and thats a fact.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you won't be in trouble if she swerved in your lane and you stuck your fist out as a reaction and then her mirror ran into your fist...;-)

i dunno about soccer, she sounded more like a softball mom.

in all honesty...ride offensively...not meaning go around antangonizing everyone and terrorizing the road, but get to where you need to as fast as safely possible. look for the open spots and get to them...and then to the next open spot...like that game frogger!

it's what they teach you at TMSF course...if you've taken that.

TAHOE MOTORPSYCHO SAFETY FOUNDATION

Old 08-09-2006, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
i dunno about soccer, she sounded more like a softball mom.
If she was hot then she'd be a soccer mom. Around here if I see a vehicle with one of those soccer ***** stickers in the back window and there's a woman driving it, 9/10 times she's a MILF!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:24 PM

+1 on NEVER ride next to someone for more than a second or 2 (if at all possible) and always have your escape route planned out. But..... ball bearings nicely fly right thru windows and you don't usually get caught b/c you have to get them out and catch back up and BAM, you're gone.

I HATE SOCCER MOMS!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:41 PM

BTW, this is another reason that I ride at 6-7K.

With my Scorpion pipe, a vehicle NEXT to me is more likely to hear me. I know because I get evil looks all the time. It dosent work on people it Luxo boats with the music cranked, but it is a little bit of an advantage over a stop pipe. I still can't bring myself to go D&D Obnoxious loud.

Just a FYI for those than use the "busted mirror" approach. That is considered a motor vehicle accident, and you are required by law to pull over and at least exchange information. Failure to do so constitutes a "Hit & Run" and is a pretty serious offense in most states. I can almost gaurantee that if you are the suspect in a Hit & Run, they are not going to look at you as a victim of distracted driving.

Quick Reply: ****ing Soccer Moms