F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

im getting one!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im getting one!

hi all! im new to this forum, usually on 2 other ones until i found out i wanted a f4i and came here. i was wondering whether there is a difference between the 02 and the 04-06 f4i models besides the banana seat.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, not really

Old 08-22-2009, 01:08 AM

I asked the dealer the same thing, and they said absolutely nothing to impact choosing one over the other. Maybe just newer with less miles, but mine was an 05 with 1300 miles.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:35 AM

oh goody! anyways before i go look at it, what should i ask him about the bike? it has ~10k miles on it and hes the 2nd owner. can you guys give me some questions to ask him. problems with the bike, etc.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Ask him what kind of oil does he use (he should know), are they OEM fairings or aftermarket, why is he selling it, what's wrong with it. Look at the details of the bike; are the bar-ends or footpegs scratched up, is the multi gauge cracked, is the chain well maintained, ect... Also, make sure that he fires up a cold engine and one that hasn't been started before you get there. Mainly, get a feel for the guy. Is he some slacker who doesn't mowe the lawn and his car looks like it hasn't been washed in a decade, and doesn't bother to detail the bike prior to selling it and is too busy talking on the cell phone to answer any questions? The person themselves can tell you alot about what you're getting.
Good luck & let us in on how it goes.
Here's a link: Used Motorcycle Buying Guide.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Ask him what kind of oil does he use (he should know), are they OEM fairings or aftermarket, why is he selling it, what's wrong with it. Look at the details of the bike; are the bar-ends or footpegs scratched up, is the multi gauge cracked, is the chain well maintained, ect... Also, make sure that he fires up a cold engine and one that hasn't been started before you get there. Mainly, get a feel for the guy. Is he some slacker who doesn't mowe the lawn and his car looks like it hasn't been washed in a decade, and doesn't bother to detail the bike prior to selling it and is too busy talking on the cell phone to answer any questions? The person themselves can tell you alot about what you're getting.
Good luck & let us in on how it goes.
Here's a link: Used Motorcycle Buying Guide.
i called him up today and he said he used synthetic oil. its OEM fairings and there are a few minor scratches. he said its well maintained. but then again hes trying to sell a bike i dont know why its so cheap. 3.5k only. im pretty new to bikes in general, i took the msf course and just got my license. im going to try to get a friend who rides motorcycle to come with me. if i cant is there a possiblity to get a motorcycle mechanic with me?

Old 08-22-2009, 02:38 PM

I don't mow my lawn and my bike is in great condition! My son does it.

$3500 for an '02 with 10k miles? Doesn't sound too cheap.

Motorcycle mechanic? Not likely. I think if you brought someone that rides they should be able to tell you what's going on well enough.

Last edited by mike and ikes; 08-22-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 PM

I don't mow my lawn and my bike is in great condition! My son does it.
Lol

Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 PM

aw man..thanks for all the help guys.. but i called him to ask him if he had a clean title. but he told me he just sold the bike. 3.5k isnt cheap?! i cant find a f4i below 4k at all!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Smile

That's a fair price, imo. A little below the average going rate here in CO.
Bottom line is, what's it worth to YOU?