F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ignition mod for PCIII and dyno tuned

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ignition mod for PCIII and dyno tuned

Ok here was my plan. Get the ignition mod, have two maps. Street 92 octane and one for 104 octane for the track. My question is.. with the mods I have now would there be a noticable difference?

92 octane pciii map from the net Vs. 104 octane pciii w/ ignition and dyno tuned

Any idea about how much that would improve throttle and power? If its not worth the $600 then I wont do it... Just trying to get some advice before I go do it and dont notice anything.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ignition mod for PCIII and dyno tuned

boy that's a good question, but when you find out let us know.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 AM

ok I realize it would be an improvement. but for $600... is it worth it? is it only going to add 2rwhp or maybe would it add 7?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Hindra

Ok here was my plan. Get the ignition mod, have two maps. Street 92 octane and one for 104 octane for the track. My question is.. with the mods I have now would there be a noticable difference?

92 octane pciii map from the net Vs. 104 octane pciii w/ ignition and dyno tuned

Any idea about how much that would improve throttle and power? If its not worth the $600 then I wont do it... Just trying to get some advice before I go do it and dont notice anything.
If you have a stock motor then 104 octane will not due a thing for your bike.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 AM

What if I raised compression slightly with a thinner head gasket or shaving the head? I know that adds to the price...

Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM

well thats a lot of work and money. if it were me i would just get a pc3 for about 275 and leave it at that. you probably not going to get that much more power out of the 600 cc motor to make really to much diff. just get a bigger bike.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:19 PM

I hope you are an expert rider.

If not, you are spending a lot of money to get spanked by better riders.

IMHO I would take that $600 and invest in some more tires and some track time.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Hindra, didn't you just write this last week in another thread???

This is my first bike and brother would always tease me because I was very forgetfull! Now its just habit to put the kickstand up first. lol
Now you need to get a few more HPs for the track???? You must be a fast learner...Nicky Hayden watch out!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM

Actually I am a fast learner. All my friends(Who have been riding for years) told me in my first month of riding I was riding better then some ppl they know after a year. I ride all day everyday. I know I am not an expert and going around twisties I could still use practice but whats wrong with also wanting more straight line accelleration? I understand thec advice max out the bike first.. well in a straight line I can handle what I have now. In the corners there is always room for improvement. Am I wrong?

Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 AM

when you add HP you also make it more difficult to learn how to power out of a corner because the extra power will cause more wheelspin which can be dangerous if your not already very good at corner exits
it might be worth mentioning that if you've still only got a slip-on your probably wasting money with the ignition advance and especially the dyno tune

if your doing trackdays then suspension is way more important anyway, so if you've got money to burn that would be my pick

plus knowing your bike isn't the quickest makes it so much sweeter when you learn how to pass faster bikes on the track
I almost got hysterical when I passed a ZX-14 on the exit of T4 @ Barber this past weekend, good times lol

Quick Reply: Ignition mod for PCIII and dyno tuned