F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

IDIOTIC CRASH LAST NIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IDIOTIC CRASH LAST NIGHT

Hi everyone. My name is Sean and im a new member here. I have been looking over this website all summer long and you guys have been a great help to me. I own a01 black and grey F4i with some simple mods on it. I have put a race can on it from Viper (which i beleive is a UK brand)...it was cheap and actually i really like it. I have also changed the CCT to an APE unit which has worked out well and some simple cosmetic upgrades here in there. I purchased it this year right after i graduated college. It was a prescent to myself (well deserved)

Well sorry for the long intro but last night a friend of mine on a 05 GSXR were out in a newly paved development with out any houses screwing around. It was my first time out there and had no business going as fast as i was. So i was racing around this "Circuit" as he calls it and was feeling good about it. So i decided to change up the direction and go clockwise around, which was my first mistake. I got around fine and gunned it when i thought it was the straight away but when i came over the hill there was a turn. I locked the rear up and stood it straight up, went into the grass/dirt (new development) and down a hill as about 50 or so. at the bottom of the hill i was just happy that i survived and that i was still riding, i have no idea how i kept it up, i was honestly off roading at that point. so without thinking i tried to get up a hill to get back on the road and the rear end swong out from under me( no grip) and i layed her down for the first time. No real damage just a broken Left Mirror and some scrappes. I was very lucking, on the other hand my buddy went off on the same turn later on and high sided when the front nose hit a ditch. It threw him about 20ft and he landed on his back.He is fine with just a couple of scrapes but his bike was thrashed. TOTALLED. the front clip cracked off along with most of his side fairings.It was a project bike for him a year or so ago and its going to be a project of his again. His bike was sooo nice too with flat satin black finish and tons of upgrades. it sounded like a GP bike.now its in his garrage in peices. Frame is still straight though.

Anyways that was a bad idea from the beginning... i knew something bad was going to come from it. Im lucky that my bike has really zero damage.

Sorry for the long post but thought yall might be a bit interested in this lil story. Didnt think my first post here would be consisting of this.
Thanks for all the help in the past guys, and hopefully ill be here to stay.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IDIOTIC CRASH LAST NIGHT

glad you're still with us today and able to ride the bike mang!

i know you've learned your lesson from this. if not then you'll learn later ;-)

lay off the rear brake.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 AM

My mother always said to not say anything if you don't have something nice to say... so I guess I'll shut up.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:20 AM
IDL

did your buddy know that you went down before he himself did or did he come rippin around the corner and come to a landing near your bike?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM

sounds a lot like my first "off road" experience. glad you and the bike are alright. sucks about your buddy though. At least he didn't land on a rock or something and hurt himself.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear youre okay but yea was your buddy right behind you?

Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 PM

Yeah he was basically right behind me. We were not racing but just havin fun really... he saw me go off and didnt have enough tar mat to avoid the very same thing i did. He ran into a ditch which threw him off. i was lucky and went off a smoth transition and then down a steep hill.He came to a slidding stop at the top of the hill and i lost it trying to power my way back up. i should have just stopped and taken my time getting back up the hill... Anyways a very good lesson learned!!!

I brought me mirror into work today and the welders in the back welded it back together. Looks like nothing had happened to it. We have some really good welders here at work, i think i owe him a six pack or something.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 PM

You live and you learn. Any lesson you can walk away from is a good one.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:31 PM

glad you're all right... I had my first offroading experience last week, so I know how you're feeling right about now lol

Old 09-21-2007, 05:39 PM

Damn this like the 3rd accident thread in like 1 hour I;ve posted, is there like a biker full moon out there ? road gremlins more active this time of year ? glad your alright and the good thing you manned up and admitted you did something stupid, thats like the 1st step to recovery

Quick Reply: IDIOTIC CRASH LAST NIGHT