F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I went down on the 94 yesterday. Need a couple of parts.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I went down on the 94 yesterday. Need a couple of parts.

Long story short I went down on the 94 entering a corner way too hot. I'm sure the bike could have made the turn but there was pilot error on my part and I ended up standing the bike up and slowing it as much as possible before hitting dirt and essentially lowsiding it due to a total loss of traction ( due to being an idiot is probably more accurate).

The bike is scuffed and missing a mirror and the left side rearset is cracked clean in half which made shifting at the time impossible other than reaching down and manually pushing the shifter (bypassing the connecting rod that allows you to shift with your foot). I ended up meeting a nice old biker out there that helped me get it back to rideable condition using hose clamps and electrical wire. What an adventure. The first thing I did when I got home was wash and wax my bike. Sort of a peace offering I suppose.

Important part of post:
Does anybody know a source for decent OEM mirrors (list price on the parts sites from honda is around $114, I'm not paying that for a mirror). And a left rear set? I cannot find it on the parts fiche despite looking for it for almost an hour, but I assume it's also an outrageously expensive part.

Thank you for any help guys, I appreciate any input as always.

Oh, I'm fine by the way. Right shoulder is a little banged up but I was lucky and was wearing gear.

Pics because everybody loves pics:

Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Glad you're ok.
Search for used stuff on ebay, CL, and our classifieds for OEM.
Otherwise, aftermarket upgrades are the way to go. Mirrors with the signals in them would be a nice replacement.

Here is a link that has OEM parts a little cheaper, but shipping costs add up. If nothing else, it's got all the diagrams and prices...
The rear set is in the "step" section.
http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fic...01&fveh=132111

Last edited by 74demon; 08-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Glad you're ok.
Search for used stuff on ebay, CL, and our classifieds for OEM.
Otherwise, aftermarket upgrades are the way to go. Mirrors with the signals in them would be a nice replacement.

Here is a link that has OEM parts a little cheaper, but shipping costs add up. If nothing else, it's got all the diagrams and prices...
The rear set is in the "step" section.
http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fic...01&fveh=132111
Thanks man! That's super helpful. That's not as expensive as I thought it might be for the bracket..

Last edited by 74demon; 08-20-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM
"A"
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool

I've got a set of mirrors, $20 shipped to you, if interested.. nothing wrong with them, I just replaced them with turn signal mirrors. Pic of what they look like on the bike:

Name:  IMG_6006_zps47519917.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  113.9 KB

Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 PM

Thanks so much for the offer A. I am waiting on a friend to see if a spare mirror he has will fit my f4i. If not I'll PM you. Thanks!

I'm not having much luck finding used foot brackets. The ones on ebay 'used' are as much as a new oem one and the more fancy oem rear sets are too expensive for me to consider, not to mention they'd be the first part to get smashed when the bike goes down.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm probably better of just ordering the OEM part but I thought I'd ask.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to replace one of my mirrors due to someone knocking over my bike. I picked up an aftermarket oem replacement from cycle gear (they had it in stock) which was inexpensive and identical in appearance to the factory one. After a year's use, the quality, weathering, and vibration is comparable to my oem mirror. IIRC price was about $20.

Last edited by Incompatible; 08-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Incompatible
I had to replace one of my mirrors due to someone knocking over my bike. I picked up an aftermarket oem replacement from cycle gear (they had it in stock) which was inexpensive and identical in appearance to the factory one. After a year's use, the quality, weathering, and vibration is comparable to my oem mirror. IIRC price was about $20.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Default Been there

Originally Posted by Incompatible
+1 on cyclegear mirror. My girl jumped off the bike while it was on the kickstand because she had ants going up her leg and knocked the bike over and broke the mirror and the brake lever a half hour into our weekend trip. We returned home with heads down in shame and the next morning i picked the mirror up from Cyclegear, That was probably 2 years ago, and i forgot i even have an aftermarket on there. It is just as good as the OEM. Save your money and get it. Oh and i would stay away from the cheap china mirrors with the integrated lights. They vibrate horribly and have less visibility due to smaller mirrors on them. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ny rider
+1 on cyclegear mirror. My girl jumped off the bike while it was on the kickstand because she had ants going up her leg and knocked the bike over and broke the mirror and the brake lever a half hour into our weekend trip. We returned home with heads down in shame and the next morning i picked the mirror up from Cyclegear, That was probably 2 years ago, and i forgot i even have an aftermarket on there. It is just as good as the OEM. Save your money and get it. Oh and i would stay away from the cheap china mirrors with the integrated lights. They vibrate horribly and have less visibility due to smaller mirrors on them. Just my 2 cents.
Awesome to know, thank you. I would expect the china ebay stuff to be pretty spot on looks wise and pretty far off functionality wise. I find the mirrors on my f4i to be really useful. I'have had several twins in the past where the vibration at certain speeds (mainly highway) is enough to blur everything, no chance of keeping an eye on who is behind you.

I'm going to make a run over to cycle gear possibly today to check some helmets out. I'll take a look at those mirrors if they have them.

Oh, and yeah, turn signal mirrors are a pretty cool idea. Not sure I'm up to wiring them though. I kinda like to keep the electronics as close to stock as possible after having a few bad experiences with 'home wiring'.

Last edited by MattSD; 08-29-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM

hope this post gets to you, if you buy those bikemaster mirrors or any aftermarket stuff you may want to purchase OEM bolts or get some stainless ones or powdercoat them, something. because in 3 months they are going to rust.
also i use 2wheelpros for oem parts, seems to give me the cheapest prices and also ebay, was looking at rearsets there.
always look at OEM parts because bastards on ebay charge more Step replacement parts for 2001 Honda CBR600F4I (CBR600F4)
looks like brand new OEM rearsets are 62 dollars for the base.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I went down on the 94 yesterday. Need a couple of parts.