F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

i need help

Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help

i recently bought an 02 f4i it came with a bill of sale but no title, some friends of mine kept telling me it might be stolen so i ran a carfax on it and other than being wrecked it was clean. i have put all the fearings and everything back on the bike and it rides great, my question is how could i go about getting a title could i just apply for a lost title or what???????????? i would appreciate any help[/align]

Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Default RE: i need help

i recently had a bike like this one as well........if possible contact the seller and get the name of the guy that he bought it from.....then do the same with that seller, and trace it back to either someone that has a title or the original owner who can request a duplicate title......

if that is not possible, you my friend get to shell out around $400 to get a lawyer and go before a judge to explain the situation, in which case, if everything is clear on the bike, the judge will award a title to you.............

both ways suck, but they are the only option......unless u find a frame for cheap and switch the whole bike over......

***edit: unfortunatly you can't apply for a lost title because you never had a title for the bike in the first place***

Old 02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Default RE: i need help

right, you can not apply for a lost title. only the title holder can do that and since thats not you then its a lost cause..
you can try to apply for a title with just a bill of sale and see if DMV will allow it. if they wont; which will be the reasonable and expected outcome, then you have to file for a title document change with both the bill of sale form the guy you bought it from and the owner before that.

first thing you should do is try to find the original title document number and see if the title had liens or other status and then apply for a change.
pray to whomever that it does not have a lien. if it does, then you have to contant the original owner and see if he/she can help you sort this out.

edit: rephrased things.

Search this Thread