F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I Have No Idea

Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have No Idea

where to get the OEM Cam Chain Tensioner for an '03 F4i. I don't want the APE Manual one, I need the OEM one. Does anyone know where to find our OEM parts? I googled it, and just got a bunch of our thread links, and various other ones. Do you guys have any good websites to find the damn thing? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM

I have found for OEM parts having a dealer order them is the best because they dont charge shipping and they are usualy the same price. But any way here is where i get my oem parts online.

http://www.bikebandit.com/sem/t4/hon...5224&WT.srch=1

Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Dealers will match bikebandit. The one I go too does, they just require a print out to verify. So no shipping AND they match prices. FTW!

Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ronayers.com

Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Go to your dealer, look him in the eye and tell him what you need.
You might get hgins cheaper on line but you can't beat the personal approach. There are other perks that can follow on from a traditional transaction, like a shoulder to cry on when you can't figure out how to get the bugger back in.
Try getting advice from a .com dealer.
Also, you're supporting your local store. That can only be a good thing.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Yep, as others said, local dealer. I just did that with my 06 and did the dowel pin mod to it to hopefully silence it forever. Fired it up after install and it's butter smooth and quiet now. Good luck at your dealer.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Go to your dealer, look him in the eye and tell him what you need.
You might get hgins cheaper on line but you can't beat the personal approach. There are other perks that can follow on from a traditional transaction, like a shoulder to cry on when you can't figure out how to get the bugger back in.
Try getting advice from a .com dealer.
Also, you're supporting your local store. That can only be a good thing.
Stealership wanted 25% more to order a new fairing stay. And would have taken longer to receive it. And dunno what shops you go to. But I can guarantee a "Tears on the mechanic's shoulder" fee added to the price.

Independent local shops? If they don't have a bike they can pull the part off of (meaning used), they'll go online and lookup the price on a site like ronayers. And then add the shipping price + a small fee. If you're gonna DIY, most of the time it'll come out cheaper to order online.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Stealership wanted 25% more to order a new fairing stay. And would have taken longer to receive it. And dunno what shops you go to. But I can guarantee a "Tears on the mechanic's shoulder" fee added to the price.

Independent local shops? If they don't have a bike they can pull the part off of (meaning used), they'll go online and lookup the price on a site like ronayers. And then add the shipping price + a small fee. If you're gonna DIY, most of the time it'll come out cheaper to order online.

Mine is a Honda / BMW shop and they order at the same price as online and get it within 2 days. I dont have to go in and sweet talk a mechanic either.. Course the one is a hot chick so you know how that goes.. I think you may have some sucky dealers where you are at!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by yog182
Mine is a Honda / BMW shop and they order at the same price as online and get it within 2 days. I dont have to go in and sweet talk a mechanic either.. Course the one is a hot chick so you know how that goes.. I think you may have some sucky dealers where you are at!
$60 per tire to change a tire if I brought the rim & tire in to them (aka, already off the bike)... by appointment only. That was at the pure Honda dealer. $50 / tire at Philly Cycle Center, no appointment necessary. $80 for a used F3 fuel pump at an independent local shop, no install.

That is actually normal round here. The nickname 'Stealership' isn't unknown on these forums

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i have an extra one if you want it. its used tho, im not ever gonna use it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Have No Idea