F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

ORIGINAL: mjesenovec

that sounds easy enough. so wait, you buy the bike from the seller, then you go to the dmv and pay taxes and registration on it? that could be like $500. if i were to, lets say get a loan from my bank, how do i give him the money for the bike, AND give some of the money to the dmv for taxes, etc? i guess what i'm saying is, i want the whole deal to be under the loan, i dont want to have to cough up $500 after i already gave the guy a check for $4000+.

well first off...if you were to find an 01-03 f4i...i dono if u're lookin for those or the 04+...but IF you were to go for the older split seat models, i really dont think u should be paying more than $4000...i think a good f4i should run you around 3500...second....registration fee is only $15. and with tax i'm sure you can get the guy to put down a lower number as the selling price to lower the tax...should run you less than 200 bucks then. so i payed 3300 for my f4i...and for tax plus registration i payed 160...totalling 3460. not bad at all.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM

oh and about the loan thing...dont take my word for it cuz i never took a loan out...but im pretty sure if u got a loan from ur bank...for lets say $4000, you should be able to just cash it out...give the guy...lets say the price was 3700, then pay the rest for registration+tax fees. u kno wat tho i might be completely wrong about the whole cashing out thing lol..but goto ur bank and ask. im pretty sure it wouldnt be complicated at all.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM

yeah, i was thinking about that too. i could do a loan for 5k, cash it, pay cash for the bike, use the rest for registration, etc...then put any leftovers back onto the balace as a small "payment." that might work.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM

y dont u just say up tho man? i saved up for my f4i in 3 months. sold a couple things too...but yea haha. at least u wont have to worry bout payments ya kno

Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM

i would love to pay cash. the problem is, between my car, insurance, cell phone, student loans, credit card, etc. i just dont have enough money left over after each paycheck to put tons away to save. there's no way in hell i could save up enough for an f4i in 3 months. after my raise, i will be able to afford the payments, but no way in hell would i be able to do one lump sum, though that would be nice.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM

Fyi I paid 7499 for my bike in april 06 brand new still in the crate..you should better get a deal on that since its 2 yrs old

Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM

i just found out a good friend of mine is REALLY cool with one of the salesman there. if i can get one of those new ones for under $7,000 OTD...should i?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe I got my 06 with 5k on it in 07 for like $6000. Talk 'em down or walk out. Used is the way to go. I know when I buy my next car its used all the way, too much loss for the depreciation.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:43 PM

yeah, i can't see myself going new unless it's an unbelievable deal. i think i'll be better off going used. i guess i'll just wait and see if my guy can pull through and hook me up at this dealership with a fantastic deal, if not, i'll just wait around and lurk on craigslist until i find something that floats my boat

Old 04-16-2008, 07:19 PM

yea i wouldnt pay for it without seeing it tho.
i would go see it in person, pay him in person and get the title in person, otherwise u run too much of a risk of getting scammed.
i checked ebay and craigslist like 20 times a day everyday for like a month or so straight and ended up finding mine on ebay. but i didnt buy it through ebay i emailed him and asked him about it and we settled on a price through email, then i went and got it like i said above.

Quick Reply: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...