F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

Tough call....
I would think you might be able to get them to knock off more of the asking price,but that's all about haggling a new vehicle.Especially on an '06.Buying a NEW bike is certainly different than buying a used bike,BUT the '04+ F4is are abit different than the '01-'03s HE-he. Yeah, I fell in love with my F4i back in '01 (****, it's been that long?) bought it brand new and never looked back.
Granted these bikes ARE bulletproof,but you never know when buying used.
If the Banana seat is ok with you and the price is right I say go for it and buy new.
I'm sure you can haggle the dealer to start cutting and slashing on the price somewhat, seeing that it's an '06.
Good luck!!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately go used. I found my 02 on craigslist for 4500 and it only had 2200 miles on it. I also found my brother an 05 with 3800 miles on it for only 4200.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:02 AM

Stay away from the dealership, there charging you too much. Like everyone else said, go used and save yourself alot of money and still get a great bike. I got a great deal on a mint condition 01 with 7000 miles. It also had a few after market accessories. Be patient!. try craigslist.com. You could find a good deal on there, and people are constantly putting bikes on there. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:32 AM

thanks all. I was excited to have finally found one to sit on more than anything else. The fact is, i can't even seriously look at one to buy for at least a couple months, unless i get my raise sooner. what i can do though, is test ride the new 06 at the dealership, just so i can make sure this is exactly what i want. Then i can keep my eye on craigslist and some used bike dealerships in my area and choose one when i have the money. All i know is i was extremely impressed with the f4i when i sat on it, and this being poor thing blows. i can't WAIT to get one, and i might die if i can't come up with the money this year. i've had the itch for 2 years, and it's driving me nuts.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 AM

oh, also, if i were to buy a used bike from somebody off of craigslist, what is the process for the sale? how does the bike get transferred to me? we work out a price, i pay him, then what?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:34 AM

yea craigslist man! best prices..(at least where i live)...yea u work out a price, and when u're doing the transaction all u need to do is give him the cash...or check if he accepts. then he signs "seller" parts on the pink slip, you sign the "buyer" parts...then he takes top half and mails it in, you take bottom half to the dmv to transfer the title unto your name, pay registration and tax fees. then you're all set. gluck man

Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 AM

I'd buy used, for one thing the older F4i's with the stepped seats look infinite times better than the new banana seat style, their a hell of a lot cheaper too. Seems the obvious choice to me.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM

+111 on used!

found mine off craigslist too!! best find ever, keep looking at it daily, try to find something as close to stock as possible and go check it out.

you can find some great bikes, thats where my bf and i found like 3 bikes- all great cond. good luck

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: y0ukeun

yea craigslist man! best prices..(at least where i live)...yea u work out a price, and when u're doing the transaction all u need to do is give him the cash...or check if he accepts. then he signs "seller" parts on the pink slip, you sign the "buyer" parts...then he takes top half and mails it in, you take bottom half to the dmv to transfer the title unto your name, pay registration and tax fees. then you're all set. gluck man
that sounds easy enough. so wait, you buy the bike from the seller, then you go to the dmv and pay taxes and registration on it? that could be like $500. if i were to, lets say get a loan from my bank, how do i give him the money for the bike, AND give some of the money to the dmv for taxes, etc? i guess what i'm saying is, i want the whole deal to be under the loan, i dont want to have to cough up $500 after i already gave the guy a check for $4000+.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM

U should be able to find one in ur area on craigslist. I test rode and looked the bike over before I paid for mine. U can do searches on just your area.

Quick Reply: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...