F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

So i called a local dealer today, and found out they have 2 BRAND NEW 2006 F4i's in stock. One yellow/silver, and one blue/black. So i headed over there after work. The blue/black one is still in the crate, so i sit on the yellow/silver. All i can say, is that this bike is more comfortable than i thought it would be! I was afraid that i would not like the way it felt, and i would have to settle for a ninja 650r. I was amazed at how little i had to stretch to reach everything. It was light and compact without making me feel like pretzel, like i did on my buddy's 07 gsxr600 i rode last year. I'm 5'11" 220lbs and this bike seems to fit me great. I had no problem flat footing it (i have a 32" inseam). I was even told that i could test ride ANY bike they have there, new or used. I'm thinking about going back on saturday, weather permitting, and test riding it. All i need to do a test ride is a helmet, long pants, and my motorcycle license, so that isn't a problem. I was suprised when he told me i could even test ride NEW bikes.

Ok, here's the deal. The sticker says $8499 msrp, ok. he said they'd knock a grand off the price because it's an 06. $7499? I mean i know it's brand new, but it's 2 years old. How good of a price is this? Should i take the $7499? should i haggle a bit? he said i qualified for the 6.25%apr already, so i'm not worried. If i should haggle, what should my goal out the door price be? I think 7 grand is a little too rich for my blood, for $7499, should i go used instead?

let me know what you all think.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Default RE: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...

Damn, a lot of money for an F4i regardless of whether it's new or not. I think that dealer is screwed, because you can find a much better deal on a slightly used F4i. Atleast $3,000 cheaper than that.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM

lol at the title...but ever since i got my license i started eyeing the f4i and the first time i saw it, it looked 10x better in person too haha. anyway like slip said go for a used one man! go for 01-03 for the split seat lol. i got my 01 f4i for $3300 and its in great condition. most used ones go for round that price these days...so you'd be saving over $4000...not to mention the interest rate

Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM

Yeah exactly. I realize that thing probably has 0 miles, it just sucks to pay that much for it when you can get one with not that many miles on it for A LOT cheaper. I feel kind of bad that, that dealer couldn't get rid of them, cause now it's like inventory they wont be able to get rid of for that price now, lol.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
WOT

The Stealership doesn't really care about unloading those bikes so they aren't giving you much of a deal, in fact you can probably get the same deal on a 07 R6 (at least I have seen them for that around here). You can find some nice older CBR's for blue book (i.e. 01 F4i) at $4500 or less.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 PM

well, they just got 6 of them a couple months ago, right before the chicago IMS show. They've only had these 2 left for about 2 months...it's not that they've had them since 06. I agree it's awful pricey, and i would prefer to go used to save money. i just like the thought of being able to break it in myself, and know exactly what it's been through. There's a dealership about 50miles away from me that has 8 or 9 used f4i's, but quite a few of them have between 14k and 20k miles...and they're all priced between 4900 and 5900. i think there's room to haggle that price though. i can tell if a chain, wheels, frames, and other things are in good condition, but i'm just iffy about buying used things. are there any major concerns in buying a used f4i with 10k plus miles? i would love to not spend 7500, so maybe i'll luck out and find a good on on craigslist or something.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM

F4i's are indestructible! As long as you keep up with the oil lol. Get the valves checked and do regular maintenance the thing will go forever lol, or until you crash it.

I currently have almost 28,000 miles on mine, still runs like a freakin champ lol.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: slip_

F4i's are indestructible! As long as you keep up with the oil lol. Get the valves checked and do regular maintenance the thing will go forever lol, or until you crash it.

I currently have almost 28,000 miles on mine, still runs like a freakin champ lol.
+1 - like jared (thirdgenlxi) has said, these things are like miniature tanks. Jared probably holds the record with well over 120,000 miles on his f4i and it's still running strong - although I believe he recently had to swap transmissions. Granted, 10k miles is still just breaking it in :-)

go used - I spent 8500 OTD (tax, title, registration, etc) on my 06 f4i in march of 07 - so if he's quoting you 7500, that would be 8,200-8,400 OTD

Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: kiker14

ORIGINAL: slip_

+1 - like jared (thirdgenlxi) has said, these things are like miniature tanks. Jared probably holds the record with well over 120,000 miles on his f4i and it's still running strong - although I believe he recently had to swap transmissions. Granted, 10k miles is still just breaking it in :-)

go used - I spent 8500 OTD (tax, title, registration, etc) on my 06 f4i in march of 07 - so if he's quoting you 7500, that would be 8,200-8,400 OTD
yeah, i definitely dont have that kind of money to spend. actually, i dont have any at the moment. I'm waiting for my raise at work (which schould be by june at the latest). as long as my raise is decent, i should be able to get a bike this year. I would LOVE to get an f4i..but i think in my financial situation, i would be much better off going used. However, i work with a guy that has spent massive amounts of money at this dealership, and when i'm ready to get a bike, he said he could get me a great deal at that place...so we'll see. I just want an f4i in great condition for a price i can afford.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I mean, if the peace of mind can justify in your mind to spend that much money, that's your call and all on you. I can understand wanting to know every mile put on my bike, but just so you know, the bikes are very reliable and strong lol.

Quick Reply: I finally saw an F4i in person, wow! Some questions...