F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I bought an f4i I'm looking to start modding

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I bought an f4i and am looking to start modding

best mod you can do is ditch the 3" lower, its not needed and only limits ground clearance
I can't flat-foot any of my sportbikes, never could and probably never will and I can tell you its not a problem at all
you get used to it pretty fast

get some frame sliders if your afraid of dropping your bike, actually get them anyway

after you ditch the lower, do a trackday...

(had to throw that in, lol)

Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 PM

The drop is not so drastic now i tightened upthe suspension up and now i am on the ***** of my feet. I have no desire to go fast around corners or go to any track unless its a drag race. So yes this is kinda of a strait line bike but mainly just a street bike that will run with my friends 750's and 1000's i know i cant beat em well maybe a 750 after some mods. So "krash" -1 +2 is a good combo and i am guessing with 520 chain? how easy does the front come up with that combo? mine already comes up as soon as i hit 2nd gear and i hate it. Also "stephens" u said k and n's dont add power? i dont understand that. what about BMC are they better for our bikes?
thanks..

Old 05-02-2007, 08:17 PM

A K & N filter is just that, its an air filter. The biggest difference of a K & N filter is you don't have to change it as often, you can clean them and use them over and over. Thats the price I paid for. Think about it, if you put a high performance K & N in your car, does it give it more performance. No, its just a filter. The best way to get more power is to ride around at higher rpms in lower gears, the power is always there, its just how you use it. The 600 is one of the fastest bikes out there, come on how often do you ride around town at over 100 mph? If you really want "more power" go save your money and get a 1000 or a busa.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 PM

what? i run k and n's on anything i have ever had and yes they do add horse power period. 12hp on my gsx...but maybe the dyno lied.so sense i wanted a k and n air filter suddenly i need to buy a busa lol? But whatev so a +2 in rear and -1 in the back ganna work? i hate the feeling of the front wheel coming up. this combo will make it come up easier. but for how many gears? right now it only does it when i hit second.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 AM

my bike will only come up in 1st and 2nd if I am really hammering it, -1, +2,sprockets.never came up in third. but I never try to bring it up, even in 1st. I get chicken when the front wheel goes light.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k and n is lame as ****, why drag an f4i, stunt that bitch, if u wanna drag get a 954

Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 AM

k. I will ask agian what is the best air filter for my bike then? BMC? Also what will my top speed be with -1 +2? what kind of quarter times can i expect? assuming i am an average rider conditions are fine ect...

Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 AM

If you're lookin to buy the lowering links.. I had bought them a few wks ago.. they're brand new but never ended up using them on my bike. I have an 02' F4i.. and although i'm only 5'5 at the very tops.. I decided to deal with my height probs and just adjust to the bike.... but if you still want it.. I can sell you mine? PM me if you're interested

Old 05-04-2007, 04:02 PM

your top speed will not be as high with the -1 +2 sprocket change compared to stock. -1 +2 increases lower end torque, hence quickens acceleration. basically you trade top speed for fast acceleration. quarter times would probably be quicker since you would be getting up to speed faster with the -1 +2. just go with k&n, not like a different air filter is going to give you +10 hp anyways. whats going to give a boost in hp is a power commander and a proper tune.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 PM

Drag bike? Nitrous! lol

Quick Reply: I bought an f4i I'm looking to start modding