F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP

this has prolly been asked a bunch of times but i cant find it and i need to know haha. my friends and i have been ridng awhile now and we want more power well they had orders jet kits for their bikes and are going to have more HPs pretty soon, heres where my problem comes in cant Jet a F4i cuz its fuel injected as you all know, so how do i get more HPs for a resonable amount of money ????

Old 06-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Default RE: HP

you can get a k&n air filter and a slip-on might add anyhere from 3-10 hp hope that helps

Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 PM

bump

Old 06-16-2005, 06:06 AM

In order to get more power out of your injected motor, you'll need to get a computer management system of some sort. Power commander comes to mind, this will give you the ability to adjust your air/fuel mixture, you'll be able to tune your motorcycle for more power by giving more it more fuel, however you'll have to remember that you'll also need to increase the amount of air coming in. Think of engines as an air pump, you need lots of air, a correct fixture of fuel and release. If you hold your engine up at any one of these three points, you'll loose power. An "performance" air filter will allow the engine more air, which is needed to burn fuel, the exhaust will release that "processed" air, and the power commander will give you the ability to add more fuel into the engine, however there is a limit for how much air can be shoved into your engine naturally, thats why you cant get massive hp upgrades from just intake/exhaust +more fuel, you'll need to force the air otherwise via a turbo, but you dont want to do that though unless your a little extreme. Either way expect to spend lots of money and get maybe a ~17-20 hp boost at max.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice explanation Saruji. Now for the record I just need to know what in your mind is a "reasonable" amount of money. Everything on an injected bike revolves around the ECM (bikes computer) and to manipulate that you'll need a Power Commander. This will run you around $300 unless you find one on e-bay for cheap. Once you make the investment for the power commander, NOS is only another $500 away. Now you're talking serious HP but you'll have to pay to get it dyno tuned to keep it "dialed in" -- if you start to run lean while shooting the juice it will melt a piston -- that is a bad thing.

Now before you say "screw it all, this crap is too expensive" think about this -- your friends will play hell trying to get their jet kits to run right. There is an art to jetting a bike and very few people know it. Meanwhile your F4i will be purring right along.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:47 PM

What I meant was 300 atleast dollars for the power commander and well upto 1500 on exhaust, thats the really expensive one, you can get a slip on but one with headers will provide much nicer results. Then all you have left is about 50 dollars for a K&N filter, and then about 300-500 dollars to have that bad boy tuned on a dyno with a pro tuning your bike. However DO NOT envy your friends carb bikes, a carb setup is a bit easier to tune then the power commander (even though there are preprogammed programs that you can run), however they will be adjusting and readjusting for the life of their bikes, for you, once your done tunning, thats it your done, you will never have to open that bad boy up to "retune" it. As far as NOS goes, well I wasnt even thinking NOS, I personally think thats somethinig for going straight, what it does is give you air that is far more combustable, resulting in better performance, however the way the power kicks in is more of a "boost" and thats usually not very good for handling, so it would be more practical to use it for drag on just staight aways, either way enjoy your f4i, trust me your in much better hands under that bike then a carb one.

Saruji.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:32 PM

Thanx for all the help right now i have a D&D slip on on my bike and next i'll buy a power comander and a KnN filter, is there a coil pack or plug wire up grade that can be done so i'm burning hotter for the extra amounts of fuel and air ? and believe i was not raggin on the fuel injection by any means thats one of the reason i bought the bike cuz in the morning i just turn the key and hit the start button and it starts as for my carb friends well . . . . .

Old 06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got enough injector and spark to push 180hp on your bike as it sits now -- no need to throw money at that stuff unless you get into the twisted realm of wet NOS or turbos. Once you get the K&N, pipe, and PCIII all playing well together you're gonna be amazed at how smooth the power curve is.