as far as how to wheelie...search it

Old 10-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how to willie??

haha didnt even know i spelled it wrong

Old 10-09-2006, 05:13 PM

The reason they just looked at you and smiled was probably because they were like "wtf is this guy kidding?". I'm just guessing you're like 18 and you said you're new to riding so they didn't want to deal with it. They know you just don't get on a bike turn it on and push the "do a wheelie" button and go. But if you want to know how this is a good way to do it. Start rolling in first gear about 10-15mph pull in the clutch so it's not engaged and then shoot the rpm's up to about 10k and drop the clutch. You will do a wheelie I promise.

Mike

PS Take pictures of your bike and gear before you try this and after you try it I would like to see how well you did. If the pictures look exactally the same then congrats on a perfect wheelie! =)

Old 10-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Wouldn't a power wheelie in 1st (accelerate to 7k, roll off throttle, then roll on) be better than your standard clutch wheelie that throws the bike instantly near bp for him?

Old 10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Default RE: how to wheelie??

Should be .............Why... You... should... not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( See Whellie Gone Bad )

Old 10-14-2006, 07:49 AM

dude...stand on your passenger foot pegs, lean back, pull in the clutch rev to about 11 grand and let go of the clutch. then when they take the casts off sell the bike and buy a civic, put a fart can on the exaust and try to race every super bike you see.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:16 PM

Just stand up, ride in first gear going about 10-15 mph.

AT the same time ---->

Throttle it all the way, and lean back .
If you start to feel that its too high. let off the throttle slowly, it'll go down. don't pull the clutch though.

or use the clutch method.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 PM

All of you guys are trying to kill this guy! I feel bad for him, all he wanted was some info. Anyway here is a great link of how to wheelie your bike nice and slow so you dont kill yourself. Just remember to wear your gear! The way I started doing them is by first finding a lot of open space like a parking lot, so that there is no chance of you hitting a curb, light poles, other cars, people etc... You want to start in first gear, speed up to about 35-40 mph or about 6,000 to 7,000 RPM's than I completely shut the throttle lean a little forward while shutting the throttle and than just open up the throttle, lean back and tug up on the handle bars. Like it shows on the video. Once you up are dont get nervous just ride it out, and if you wanna put it back down just release some throttle, dont just compeletly let go! The way I explained will give you a nice wheelie nothing crazy or too high, this one is pretty safe, just remember to hold the handlebars straight when you are up so that when you come down you dont fly off the bike. Good luck and get very comfortable with these little wheelies before you move onto something else. These little wheelies can also be stretched out or made higher very easily it just all depends on how much RPM's you start out with. If you want a higher wheelie that is longer just go a little faster say 45-50 mph or about 7-8000 RPM's. I also have a 01 CBR600 F4i. Do not start the wheelie any faster than 35-40mph or 6-7000 RPM's for your first time or you might go a little higher than you were anticipating which will cause you to panic and possibly fall or loose control. The video says to go about 50mph I think that was a little too fast even for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENXr...elated&search=

Old 10-16-2006, 03:38 PM

By the way DO NOT do the clutch wheelies until you can do the power or throttle up wheelies (what I and video describes) in your sleep!

Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM

I just started doing it. Its pretty fun.

I dont reccomend it, unless you fully understand the risk factors.

Besides that, a note: only way i could lift it up was to tug, and FULL throttle, u'll feel it go up.
Being still a newb, i cant' maintain the throttle to stay up and ride through.

I dont know, but im just paranoid aobut the bike doing a 12 o'clock, or worst. But again, its risky
have fun! as i will continue to practice the art of wheelie

Quick Reply: how to wheelie??