F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

how many is too many?

Old 06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many is too many?

how many miles are too many for a used f4i if you were purcahse it?
supposing it is in "mint" or near mint condition (regular maintenance etc.)

Old 06-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Default RE: how many is too many?

depends on the price and your mechanical abilities. there is one member on this board with over 90,000 on his.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

depends on the price and your mechanical abilities. there is one member on this board with over 90,000 on his.
He is talking about Thirdgen...treat her right and mileage is not a concern.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 AM

Yep, if the bike is well maintained and treated right it will outlast gasoline engines

Opposite side of the spectrum is the F4 I bought; 6,000 miles on the engine/chassis, had to replace the heads because it wasn't winterized, now working on replacing the piston rings due to way too much blowby and now it's smoking.

So obviously YMMV, the miles have a lot less to do with the condition of the bike compared to how well it was maintained.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

So obviously YMMV, the miles have a lot less to do with the condition of the bike compared to how well it was maintained.
+1

Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup these little motors will run forever if properly maintained and not beat to hell everyday. Maintence is a much much larger determining factor in engine life than mileage is. I'd take a well maintained high mileage bike (or car) over a low milage poorly maintained one anyday!

Never a single problem ever, 100% original everything (except CCT) and still running like the day I bought her new! Just snapped this a few mins ago
Name:  DSC02292.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  35.0 KB

Also my Accord is at 378,900 something, original motor/trans everything.... still runs like new, drives great, cold a/c, everything works. Maintence is key!!

So back to the original question... if I were looking at a bike that had a few miles but was obviously taken care of and in mint condition, I wouldn't hesitate for a second in buying it. Hey it's a Honda, no worries!

Old 06-16-2007, 03:33 PM

hey thirdgen i have a question for yah i been thinking about this for a while if you sold that bike what do you think it would be worth if you decided to sell it?

i bet honda would buy that bike back from you just to go LOOK are bikes last just as long as are cars.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i

hey thirdgen i have a question for yah i been thinking about this for a while if you sold that bike what do you think it would be worth if you decided to sell it?

i bet honda would buy that bike back from you just to go LOOK are bikes last just as long as are cars.
Honestly, I have no clue what it would be worth, heh. I suck so bad with estimating values. I know it would probably be hard to sell it, just cuz most people think 20k is high on a bike. That and I'm not exactly the best record keeper, so I really don't have much of any actual records for the stuff I've done. I do everything myself so all I'd really have anyways is a parts reciept or just me writing down that I did something. I started doing it when I first got the bike but then I kept forgetting to write stuff down when I did it [:@] So without those at least, it would probably be really hard to sell. I know abadfish sold his F3 awile back with 78k on it though.... who knows I guess if the price is right!

But I think I'll just wait until after it turns 100k, and goes back to 00000. Then I'll sell it... "been sitting in my garage for 3 years, never ridden!" hahahaha

Oh yea and I'm writing Honda a letter and sending some pics.... see what they say. Who knows, might get some free stuff out of it!

Old 06-16-2007, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

But I think I'll just wait until after it turns 100k, and goes back to 00000. Then I'll sell it... "been sitting in my garage for 3 years, never ridden!" hahahaha

LMAO that is a good plan [8D]

Old 06-16-2007, 06:46 PM

What would happen if you switch your 90k odometerto kmh?

Search this Thread