F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

how far do you guys have to go for good roads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 12:33 PM
Default how far do you guys have to go for good roads?

i want ot ask all you guys how far you have to travel to get to that road you like the best in your area. and How long are the roads? How much time do you spen out there? i only have to go maybe three miles but I live in lower Wash state. Tell about yours.

Old 07-12-2006 | 02:29 PM
Default RE: how far do you guys have to go for good roads?

we usually have to go about 110 miles or so for a decent road, but I guess that's what you get for living in Illinois / Iowa.

Old 07-12-2006 | 02:30 PM
Ironmang

I have to go about 700 miles to north Georgia to get to any decent roads, although I've "heard" there's some somewhat decent roads in northern FL, but I've never found any. It sucks, all our roads are straight and flat... boooorrring [:@] So that means I only get to go to the twisties about once a year

Old 07-12-2006 | 02:39 PM

Yeah, but you live in a Mecca of sport riders and in a place where you can ride year 'round. I dont feel too sorry for you.

In Northern VA we are close to the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains. A popular set of raods that winds through them, Skyline Drive, is a great ride. There are also plenty of country back roads south of me. It is a decent place to ride.

Old 07-12-2006 | 03:03 PM

Depends on which road I want to take. I have a whole bunch right by me. Two of them go past lakes. Two more wind through canyons. The closest is about 2 miles. The farthes is about 20 miles down a nearby highway.

Old 07-12-2006 | 03:10 PM

about 2-3 miles for good twisties. There's about 4 different roads in that range that are good.

Old 07-12-2006 | 03:43 PM

Good roads are plentiful where I am at (IMO anyways). Living near the Missisippi River Valley in SE Minnesota, I can find good roads within 40-50 miles of the house. Hwy 60 is a good stretch with lots of twisties going down into a river town named Wabasha. From there you can head into Wisconsin and hit the Alphabet roads.

Here's a link to some of the roads in MN. You can find roads in your location too...

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/mn.html

Old 07-12-2006 | 04:28 PM

i'm in socal...

www.pashnit.com has all the decent roads around me...some are very far away...the closest twist is CHEEESEY and is like 2 miles away....

then there's one about 7 miles down the highway...but it's dangerous...so it's even better...but crowded...

where do i go? i ride like 100 miles away if i have the time.

Old 07-12-2006 | 04:35 PM

as soon as my new axle comes in, i'll tell ya. i'm guessin its about 50 miles for me[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-12-2006 | 06:02 PM

Not far. There's a nice left-right combo right around the corner that's always fun to come home to, but 3 or 4 miles puts me on some good roads.

Quick Reply: how far do you guys have to go for good roads?