F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How do that work???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do that work???

Ok I know that your all going to probably think I'm an idiot for asking this but how will I know if I don't ask. How does a slip on exhaust work??? I have a 2006 F4I and I want to get a pipe that is slightly louder with a more aggressive sound. But I don't want to drill anything!!! And does any one know where I might be able to find a cheap exhaust that will sounds good and not be too big of a hassle to install. Thanx

Old 04-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Default RE: How do that work???

This is easy. Just pour some paint down the exhaust.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

How a slip on pipe works is it is a little less restrictive, less baffled i think the word is. More air flow with less restrictions, and, louder noise.

I'm sure there's a more scientific explanation, but, that's what I get.

Tylor

Old 04-26-2006, 03:31 PM

IT'S JUST LIKE A CAR EXHAUST I THINK. LESS BAFFELING= MORE AIR FLOW. A SLIP ON IS USUALLY EASY TO INSTALL UNLESS YOU HAVE AN UNDERTAIL EXHAUST. ON SIDEMOUNTS 3 BOLTS AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE PIPE AND 1 OR 2 AROUND THE SUPPORT MOUNT COMING OFF OF THE BACK RIGHT PEGS. FOR HONDA'S I WOULD RECOMMEND TWO BROTHERS EXHAUST IT PERFORMS BETTER AND IS NOT OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD LIKE A D&D. GOOD LUCK

Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM

hey cbrjeeper what if after putting paint into my exhaust it bursts into flames upon start up, would you be able to point me in the right direction to polish out the melted carbon fiber?

Old 04-27-2006, 01:04 AM

If you get a slip on for your '06, make sure that it has a bung hole welded into the pipe for the oxygen sensor.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Also make sure to drill a hole for the spark plug. That way you can hit a switch and shoot flames out the exhaust. OR ignite your paint.......

Hmmmm....i bet if i poured NITRO Fuel from my RC car in the exhaust, when it got hot enough it would ignite----shoot a huge flame out the back---and add like
40 HP!!!!!

Then i could Turbo it with an old Subaru turbo, throw a HUGE tire on the back, lower it three inches to make it handle better----and then i could finally beat metalscorpio.

Sorry guys, just havin a little forum fun. I guess i'm on here too much lol.

-Adam

Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: joker

hey cbrjeeper what if after putting paint into my exhaust it bursts into flames upon start up, would you be able to point me in the right direction to polish out the melted carbon fiber?
No, no, no. You don't start the bike right away, you have to let it dry first silly[8D]

Son, that was a joke. There was a post on here a while back that a guy poured paint down his stock pipe and he said "It sounds deep and really good with no negative effects on the bike"

I don't recomend pouring paint down your exhaust can

But, as to polishing melted carbon fiber, ponder on that I must.

Tylor

Old 05-05-2006, 06:13 PM

2006CBR - Hey when I first started looking at exhausts for my '03 last year I had a lot of questions too. There are a lot of differing opinions on exhaust sound, looks, performance enhancement, etc. so just try and research as many as you can. I ended up going with a Yoshimura TRS with the Ti can. The look is different than the traditional oval canisters and I like the Ti finish... not too much shine. The sound, well I went with the "Race" model so it's a little louder than the Zyclone model. I haven't really compared the sound to a D&D, Devil, or any other exhaust but it's still much nicer than the stock sound.
As far as the installation goes, well that was a breeze. There's just a couple screws here and there and your set. Altogether I think it took 30 minutes to remove body work and stock muffler and put the new one on. Doesn't take an engineer to figure it out...
I also did a lot of research on finding the best prices - this was before I got onto this forum - and I found team11moto.com was the best at the time. They also have a good drop down menu system to help you out too in case you get confused with a lot of part numbers and options.

Just my $0.02.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:31 PM

i think he might be referring to the term "slip on". i had the same question. the answer i found was that it "slips on" to the midpipe, which is in turn clamped at the stock muffler/pipe clamp location. no cutting required if you get both the slip-on and midpipe.