F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hot Shorty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Shorty?

Sorry, no chick photo. Seriously, I thought you would like to see what the new Scorpion Street Extreme slip on looks like on our bike. I got mine a few days ago. Pipe City, where I bought it, said these just started coming into the U.S.[/align][/align]I have included pics in the post, and links to a YouTube vid I made of the new pipe so you can hear the sound. I also included a link of a similar vid of my prior slip on, an Akrapovic. I think they sound similar, although the Akra didn't have any noise reducing insert and the Scorpion came with one installed (it is removable with allen wrench). If you decide to buy this, be ready topick up anew header clamp. The one it came with was cheap. The Scorpion sticker on can need had to be removed since the strap placement covers that area. It doesn't bother me. Everything else though, looks quality.[/align][/align]
I've got K&N air/oil filters plus a PCIII USB with a map for the Scorpion recommended by the PwrCmndrtech guys (108-008).[/align]
[/align][/align]I like the look, you might not. Comments welcome. Be safe.[/align][/align]
Akra Vid:[/align]http://www.youtube.com/v/i5WdCr2RMfo[/align][/align]Scorp Vid:[/align]http://www.youtube.com/v/wws74feJ2vs[/align]
[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20172/15017D5151704B34B1B68C74224847DD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20172/8769CCA005F946EB87A4CFA0BB19166F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20172/1B1215AE749B4AACADDC6387B8ADB443.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Hot Shorty?

looks like Bootleg's shorty CF...haha....question...the midpipe looks HUGE...is it the same size as that coming off the header or is it slightly larger...i like the look though...but i am biased..i have my bootleg shorty in paint right now...

Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 AM

i would have to agree.. that does look like bootleg's shorty pipe, exactly! take a look at this thread. i just put mine on this past sunday at bootleg's shop.

https://cbrforum.com/m_382027/mpage_2/tm.htm

can you tell the difference on that scorp pipe? because for a shorty pipe my biggest concern was the loss of power and torque due to lack of back pressure. but on bootleg's pipe that i got not only does it feel much torquer on the throttle but it also picks up quick in rising rpms and before bootleg's shorty pipe i had a yoshi rs3 pipe. i rode from my house to bootleg's shop (about 85 miles) with yoshi on and on the drive back (another 85 miles) i could tell the difference already.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 AM

yea it does look a lot like the bootleg. the only difference is probably the R&D from the scorpion

Old 09-11-2007, 09:41 AM

Looks Good ! Do you have Any flatspots throughout the powerband ? I have an 06 stock. The muffler got hit f/m behind and I think that gave the bike a flat spot around the 3-5K rpms : ) Annoying as hell. I MUST ELIMINATE IT or I sell it . hehe it's so bothering I'm telling you ppl. I'm putting the 2Bros m2 slipon , hopefully that will help it.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Good observation on the mid pipe. It is pretty huge. In fact, I needed to use a spacer on the fairing bracket so that it would clear. Unfortunately, I'm better at pulling out my credit card than fabricating cool new stuff.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Users

well, it's no biggie just saw it and thought "damn thats a big midpipe".....long as you like the look and performance, that's all that matters....i mean a trained rider can probably tell the difference between different exhausts, but most of us....we do it for looks, and hope we get some power, but we really can't tell although we like to think we can.......maybe some of us can....

overall i like it....but like i said in other posts...i am sort of anti-chrome or polished metal that is why i am having my midpipe and cap ceramic coated gloss black so the whole thing is black and CF....

btw....where you get your mesh from..it looks nice...i am going to be doing that....but i am waiting to see if it will affect the LEDs i am putting in the engine bay area....

Old 09-11-2007, 10:31 AM

I picked up the mesh on ebay a while back. The listing heading was:
"HONDA CBR F4 F4i CHROME MESH GRILLE GRILL VENT SCREENS"

It included screen for the sides (that you need to cut yourself) and pre-cut ones for the front intakes. I didn't like how the intake ones looked, so just used what they shipped me to create the ones on the sides.

As it happens, I've got red LEDs all over the place, including on the frame spar just down and to the left behind the intake opening.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:38 AM

wow, that mid pipe is huge! its like 2.5-3" wide.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Users

yeah i have seen the "ebay kits" i think i am just going to go to an automotive store and pick some mesh up...

as for the LED lights....sweet....i just got a RED LED street kit from streetglow....how does the red look shining through the mesh...does it reduce the glow by much??? can you post pics of your bike at night with the LEDs on...i'd really be curious to see how you lit yours up...i will be putting mine on next week so....i have 2 6" LED strips, 2 9" strips, and four 6 LED pods....i hope that will be enough....

Quick Reply: Hot Shorty?