F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Honest opinions needed....botm worthy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest opinions needed....botm worthy??

Want some honest opinions, long live the banana seat! Let me know if you guys think I have even a shot at attempting bike of the month....I have lots of work to do still...

Pictures suck bad, I am still waiting to do my undertail and a few other pieces, then I will polish it up and get some quality pics taken, I would love to try for bike of the month. Even at break in limitations I am really enjoying this bike already. I have been modifying all winter to my like as not riding makes me stir crazy, with the pipe and power commander and a few engine mods the low end and midrange are already a lot more, I can't imagine the top when I can rev up there. Just got the tygershark custom cage on, shock absorbing sliders and huge protection!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Default RE: Honest opinions needed....botm worthy??

I should list all the mods thus far.....
BMC air filter
Dynojet Power Commander usb with two bros. tune
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber blunted pipe
Vortex 520 conversion with black sprockets and gold ek chain -1+2
Pair valve mod
Air box mod
Speedohealer
Gregg's flush mount machined front flush mount blinkers
Pit-Eck Double Bubble Smoke windscreen
Vortex Triple Clamp machined
CRG Click adjustable shorty levers
Tygershark Custom fabricated cage with shock absorbing delrin sliders
Soon to come....hotbodies undertail, not sure if going to do clear brake light or keep stock brake light

Any other ideas???? It is my daily, I like bringing the front wheel up but keeping it minty looking....

Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Yeah why not, everyone has a chance. Good lookin bike[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered Users

hey eek...i got that same triple for my f4i....i am going to have it powdered black though...my question...i have never removed my triple before...how hard was it...about how long...did you need anything special to take off...socket or tool size...and also...how did you determine how far to put the clamp back on...did you measure or mark the tubes?

just curious..i have it, just haven't looked in to doing it yet so if you could save me some reaserch time that would be great...thanks

oh and nice bike btw....i think you should enter it...why not...unfortunately us f4i have a hard time against the sleek looking rrs and 929s....but give it shot....you'll get my vote!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 AM

nice bike bro, very clean. you never really know how bike of the month is gonna turn out, but i say it never hurts to try.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks for all the positive comments, makes me really want to get my undertail done and get it polished up!

The triple wasnt bad, was not a ton of fun by any means, but not bad at all, no special tools, and the service manual has a basic walkthrough.....powdercoating it black would look good! Really maybe an hour total taking my time, not looking at anything for reference other than the service manual and torque specs. There are two retainer rings on the tubes you have to take off before you can remove the triple, that tricked me a bit. Basically unbolt the handlebars and remove, take off retainer ring, undo the big nut, and pull out the ignition, then reverse.....the ignition did not fit exactly back on as the black stock spacer with off on indications is spaced out to far for the key to go all the way in, so I actually dremeled it out to the point where the key fits perfect. If you want any pics of anything or any specific tips or help when you get there shoot me an email!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered Users

yeah definitely a pic of the dremmeling you did would be great...

how did you determine the depth of the triple on the tubes...you measure?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Stand as good a chance as anyone elses. I like good clean everyday riden bikes. Not all dolled up n never riden. Not saying that any here are just saying lol. Hell my bike has even won a BOTM on another forum. And its banged up lol. Amazing what pix can hide huh.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:53 AM

I actually had the bike on stands, and took the old triple off, didn't move anything and put the new one on and everything sat perfect, tightened the bolt and put everything back on.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:04 AM

I think it looks tite! Maybe some rim tape if your goin for flashy

Quick Reply: Honest opinions needed....botm worthy??