F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Honda bike place

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda bike place

Can someone tell me why the Hell for my estimate they wrote up stuff i already had leading up to an 8,000 estimate. That doesnt make and damn since to me. So i had them bring the bike back out so i could see it and when down all the stuff. I took off over 4000 in parts. The reason why was because there was either a scratch or dirt on the part so they automatically wrote it up to. Then they found out i was paying myself so they were trying to make the estimate sound correct by tellin me bs. So i was like if i just want to see if it would start i would just need an igntion switch and they told me they wouldnt work on the bike since the electical wires were taking out the casing unless i bought all new wire harness/sub harness. So im goign to install the ignition my self just to see if the bike will start and if it does then i dont need everything or i can get it over time if i see a problem.

What would you do if you felt they were trying to get over on you? or the would be insurance company

Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Default RE: Honda bike place

Has anyone evered had issues from the dealer with anything when it came to repairing your bike rather it was stolen or wrecked.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:56 PM

I do all my own work.

The only reason I would let anyone else work on my bike is if it was an accident that someone elses insurance was paying for. Then I would have the local shop do exactly what you mentioned. Replace EVERY part that was scratched or dirty from the accident. I would want the bike back to new/clean/waxed condition.

If it was coming out of my pocket it would go on stands in my garage, get torn down and rebuilt piece by piece.

You need to make sure that you tell places up front if it is coming out of your pocket or not. You do the same thing with automotive bodywork. If you don't you will get raped.

ALWAYS get all the busted parts back. 90% of the time you can even sell the busted junk on eBay.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Yea thast what im going to do. Cause they want me to change out all the electrical wires and what it leds up too because since 4 wires were exposed they believe it might be shorted out. I brought up that what fuses where for and they said they dont always work and would feel better if i replaced the wire harness along with everythign it touches. I laugh and said i will use electrical tape on the 3 exposed wires sice its only exposed for .5 to 1 inch when i get ready to install the new ignition. Cross my fingers and hope it starts. If it doesnt then i will piece by piece the sub/wire harnesss so that i dont have to buy them all if i only need one. Ya feel me. IT was crazy cause i have some knowledge of mechanics to know how to get by and not be taken but they tried to used logic and i was making them look stupid.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:47 PM

UPDATE!!!!

Found a person who helped me with the bike to get it back nice and purty.

Only charged me 150 and i had to pay for parts. All my parts togethere were prob around 800, so i really lucked out. As for the scratch parts that the dealer wanted to be replace i buffed them out and you dont see majority any more. Only one or two that you do see but you have to get up on bike to see them.