F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

High or stand mount? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:19 AM
Default RE: High or stand mount? Opinions?

heres a bunch of sound clips for you
Dont give me the credit for it, I got it from another post.
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

Daniel Thompson

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:23 AM

jdiggity has a sound clip of his Micron

He emailed it to me before I bought my Micron and I was impressed with it.

After I got my Micron exhaust on and heard it in person.....the sound clip just doesn't do it justice (it sounds sooooooo good in person!)

Micron sounds REAL good!

If you didn't know there's a sound clip on the Two Brother's website of their exhaust:

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...600F4i-SO.html

(click on "Sound Clip" above Exhaust Systems)

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:28 AM

i checked the sport rider sound clips which is what i used to narrow it down give kind of a side by side in what the tonak characteristics are and ive heard the 2 bro sound clip on their site which i LOVE ive even heard it at the local dealer for some reason though no dealer here carries micron or if they do dont instal them on display bikes where it could be started up and listened to. the 2 bro sounds so good the micron would have to be incredible to compete with it. the only down side is im not very fond of the carbon weave patern they use i prefer microns more traditional style weave...stupid decisions ill just have to by both and alternate when i get bored

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:39 AM

Yeah I personally don't like the (triangle) look & (brownish) color of the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber either, but to each their own

Micron sounds really good....no joke

But it's your bike & you'd have to hear it to believe it and that's hard to do when you don't have one lying around. I went out on a limb myself and got it for my bike (good price) & I think it was the best decision I made. I love it!

The sportrider.com sounds clips help a little when looking for a pipe.....but they're all gonna sound different on every single bike. It doesn't even say what kind of bike or what cc bike those pipes were all tested on......and that's gonna make a difference in the sound.

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:42 AM

the only real reason i wanted carbon fiber is ive heard of how cool it runs so with extenders i could still tech have a passenger and they wouldnt scorch themselves does titanium have similar properties or is gonna heat up like crazy like the aluminum one i have now does?

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:44 AM

You're right about Carbon Fiber....it stays cool to the touch

Titanium is the same thing....it stays cool

Did you see the link to the Two Brothers High Mount Ti exhaust I posted??? Only $225 Buy it Now & in mint condition....that's a hell of a deal!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TwoBr...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:48 AM

hells yeah it is unfortunatly i just bought the bike yesterday and slurged on a shoei helmet too so before i can buy the exhaust i need to spend the rest of my extra dough on some new tires and brake pads unless.......no nice exhaust is no good if i slide into a guard rail keep tellin myself that! safety first!! woo hoo!

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:52 AM

Safety is important, true

So: Loud pipes save lives!!!

buy the exhaust!...LOL

Here's a sound clip of a D&D pipe on a F4i.....scroll down to where it says "How does it sound? Click here" in Red & Blue
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...22352281QQrdZ1

Old 03-25-2006 | 03:56 AM

hmmm your making this harder on me than i thought this would be ive never heard anything but bad things about the d&d sound like theyre the loudest most obnoxious pipes you can buy but that didnt sound to bad nice and throaty the person i bought it from had put an aluminum scorpion on it which doesnt sound half bad just not deep even at low rpm doesnt start to stand out until about 6000 but then again thats where the fun starts too haha

Old 03-25-2006 | 04:35 AM

do you want the micron sound clip? I recorded it myself with my pda so the sound is marginal. My buddy roles a vfr with a two brothers. I liked that sound too, but I really like the micron better. It is deep like the two brothers, but I like the micron costruction better. Plus you can get them in whatever color or material you want. let me know about the sound clip.

Quick Reply: High or stand mount? Opinions?