CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   High Mounted pipe, no pegset adapters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/high-mounted-pipe-no-pegset-adapters-100545/)

TheProphet 09-09-2009 03:59 PM

High Mounted pipe, no pegset adapters

2 Attachment(s)
I recently bought a 05 CBR and it already had the two brothers high mount pipe on it. the problem i have is i have no way to install the stock pegs that came with it without moving the pipe or getting an adapter of some kind, any ideas?

Attachment 60756

Attachment 60757

redzintimidator 09-09-2009 08:54 PM

i had the same problem with a jardine...so i just bought the jardine low mount mid-pipe and used the same muffler..problem solved. so i just swap out midpipes when i plan on taking passengers

Stuntforlife 09-09-2009 09:25 PM

not sure, looks like u need that mounting hole that the pipe uses to mount the peg right? whats the point in a high mount anyways? always wondered this...

Aken 09-10-2009 12:32 AM

You can't really use spacers like on the 01-03 because the fairing covers up the mounting bolts. So you might be SOL without some custom fabbing of some kind.

philthethrillohio 09-10-2009 01:08 AM

buy a rr. problem solved:icon_bike:

DarkJuic3b0x 09-11-2009 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stuntforlife (Post 835247)
not sure, looks like u need that mounting hole that the pipe uses to mount the peg right? whats the point in a high mount anyways? always wondered this...

I believe, from what i've gathered for a while, that the point of a high mount is usually for aesthetics and for knee dragging, especially at a track so the exhaust canister doesn't drag on the ground. Stock low-mount pipes are easily prone to dragging on the ground the farther you lean versus a high-mount pipe...could be wrong

Aken 09-11-2009 07:03 AM

Peg usually scrapes before exhaust. At least I've never touched any part of the exhaust to the ground. *shrug*

TheProphet 09-11-2009 02:15 PM

so from what i can gather, i just need a new mid pipe? where would i find one, cuz honestly the Two Brothers site is a lil useless if ur not lookin for a new system

Aken 09-11-2009 03:16 PM

You can call them. I had to do it once to get a replacement hanger. They had great customer service over the phone.

mpz 09-12-2009 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x (Post 835763)
I believe, from what i've gathered for a while, that the point of a high mount is usually for aesthetics and for knee dragging, especially at a track so the exhaust canister doesn't drag on the ground. Stock low-mount pipes are easily prone to dragging on the ground the farther you lean versus a high-mount pipe...could be wrong

Yep, you are. Only time pipes are going to drag on the ground is if you lowside...or highside but you got more to worry about than stupid pipes :p