F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

High Mounted pipe, no pegset adapters

Old 09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Thumbs down High Mounted pipe, no pegset adapters

I recently bought a 05 CBR and it already had the two brothers high mount pipe on it. the problem i have is i have no way to install the stock pegs that came with it without moving the pipe or getting an adapter of some kind, any ideas?

Name:  camera054.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  260.2 KB

Name:  camera055.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  127.6 KB

Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM

i had the same problem with a jardine...so i just bought the jardine low mount mid-pipe and used the same muffler..problem solved. so i just swap out midpipes when i plan on taking passengers

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 PM

not sure, looks like u need that mounting hole that the pipe uses to mount the peg right? whats the point in a high mount anyways? always wondered this...

Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You can't really use spacers like on the 01-03 because the fairing covers up the mounting bolts. So you might be SOL without some custom fabbing of some kind.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:08 AM

buy a rr. problem solved

Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stuntforlife View Post
not sure, looks like u need that mounting hole that the pipe uses to mount the peg right? whats the point in a high mount anyways? always wondered this...

I believe, from what i've gathered for a while, that the point of a high mount is usually for aesthetics and for knee dragging, especially at a track so the exhaust canister doesn't drag on the ground. Stock low-mount pipes are easily prone to dragging on the ground the farther you lean versus a high-mount pipe...could be wrong

Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Peg usually scrapes before exhaust. At least I've never touched any part of the exhaust to the ground. *shrug*

Old 09-11-2009, 02:15 PM

so from what i can gather, i just need a new mid pipe? where would i find one, cuz honestly the Two Brothers site is a lil useless if ur not lookin for a new system

Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
July 2008 ROTM

You can call them. I had to do it once to get a replacement hanger. They had great customer service over the phone.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
mpz

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x View Post
I believe, from what i've gathered for a while, that the point of a high mount is usually for aesthetics and for knee dragging, especially at a track so the exhaust canister doesn't drag on the ground. Stock low-mount pipes are easily prone to dragging on the ground the farther you lean versus a high-mount pipe...could be wrong
Yep, you are. Only time pipes are going to drag on the ground is if you lowside...or highside but you got more to worry about than stupid pipes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High Mounted pipe, no pegset adapters

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.