F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HIDs illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HIDs illegal?

Find me a car with factory HID bulbs w/o projectors. There is a difference between sylvania silverstars(halogen, witch the acura has) and HID's.
no the acura 3.2 cl and 3.2 tl have hids, not silverstars, which to my knowledge no carmaker uses from the factory. Nice to see you're making so many friends after just joining

Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 AM

bwahahahaha, silverstars from the factory.....

I can vouche for the G35 too, they put the fog light right below the low beam but the halogen bulb looks l i k e crap under the HID.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:22 PM

LMAO!!!! Is this a post about cars or bikes? If you put them in your bike and it can save your life so someone see's you, then do it. If you are afraid of a fix it ticket, then don't do it. Pretty easy answer to the question.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

LMAO!!!! Is this a post about cars or bikes? If you put them in your bike and it can save your life so someone see's you, then do it. If you are afraid of a fix it ticket, then don't do it. Pretty easy answer to the question.
If you put them on your bike improperly, others might see you, but they can't see what they need to. Why not just take a bunch of offroading hi power lights and make a 360 degree sweep all around your bike? Everyone would see you then...

To me, itappears a lot of people do not careif they are blinding other drivers, just as long asTHEY can be seen, other drivers be damned...

Old 07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Or you could aim your headlight properly, thus reducing the light (direct or glare) that is thrown at oncoming traffic, and both of you can go on your merry ways.

This isn't rocket science, people. Plus you HID ***** can whine all day long about why people shouldn't do it - it's not going to change anyone's mind.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HIDs or not, just put your money on drivers not seeing you....because....

1. cars just don't see bikes...drivers are usually looking for 2 lights XX feet apart...anything less and it sometimes doesn't register in their head.
2. bikes are small.
3. HIDs may blind drivers, making them not see you some more. yes, they will notice you...right before they are blinded and no longer able to see you...muahahahh

Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Mwall

If you put HID's in non-projector housinging your an idiot, and you SHOULD BE PULLED OVER. Its honestly a really ignorant and immature thing to do.
thanks dad

Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Aken

Or you could aim your headlight properly, thus reducing the light (direct or glare) that is thrown at oncoming traffic, and both of you can go on your merry ways.

This isn't rocket science, people. Plus you HID ***** can whine all day long about why people shouldn't do it - it's not going to change anyone's mind.
The point of a projector with a HID is that it provides cutoff for the light and directs it. That cannot be accomplished with reflectors.

I stand corrected on the factory hid's. Although my other point still stands. The blinding of other drivers is in no way acceptable, and there is a reason its illegal, regardless of how cool you think it looks.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: MidnightG35X
If you put them on your bike improperly, others might see you, but they can't see what they need to.
To me, itappears a lot of people do not careif they are blinding other drivers, just as long asTHEY can be seen, other drivers be damned...
I agree with this. HIDs incorrectlyretro-fitted into halogen housings suck for everyone else out there on the road...

Old 07-20-2008, 09:39 AM

Name:  hidglare.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  33.4 KB
HID in Halogen Housing

HID in a projector (Correct)

Quick Reply: HIDs illegal?