F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hidle high mount won't lemme go 2 up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidle high mount won't lemme go 2 up.

Hey all,

As many probably know I recently aquired an 03 F4 i w/ a Hindle titanium high mount exhaust system. Unfortunately, the brakect utilized for the mounting of the pipe doesn't accomadate passanger pegs (the one on the right side is not prestent, and the bracket for the exhaust replaces the peg bracket for the right side). I was wondering what I would have to do to make my bike 2 person friendly. I don't plan on taking anyone for a long 2-up ride as I'm sure the heat from the exhaust probably poses a problem.

Could I use a different bracket? or is there a way to modify my current setup slightly? I was thinking that it might be possible to just buy the stock rear brackets and place the peg bracket directly on top of the current bracket.

Help appreciated.
Name:  DSCF0171.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  114.0 KB
Matt

Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Hidle high mount won't lemme go 2 up.

i guess the ghetto low-tech solution is to shim the pass pegs out to where they clear the canister, and bolt them into the subframe. just be sure you don't give fat chicks or girls who can leg press 900 lbs rides.

the easy solution is to get a "low mount" or stock exh which mounts to the peg, i'm sure someone will trade for your pipe. it looks pretty nice.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM

Yeah, the thing of it is I really don't know if I want to sacrifice the highmout for the sake of taking people out, I have thought about switching pipes to a stock one. I rarely give anyone a ride, but there is always that off chance you know. [>:]

Matt

Old 02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Retired Moderator

^^^ Keep the high mount and that gives you a good reason NOT to take passengers . More fun, anyway...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM

REALLY trying not to flame.... This post including 4 AWESOME pics was about 4-5 below your new topic.

https://cbrforum.com/m_474991/tm.htm

Old 02-05-2008, 06:12 PM

I just asked the same question and itgbudeev beat me to posting the thread. Either way here is a pic of the hardware that came with my M4.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM

I saw that thread but it didn't really help because their bracket is completely different from my own. I also went to the Two Brothers site to see if I could find just the mounting hardware with no luck.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM

You don't need to but a different bracket. You just need the two shafts and some longer bolts. The bracket has nothing to do with it. Just put the bracket on, then the shaft, now the foot peg and screw that bad boy down and you are good to go.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Yeah, I noticed the use of those extensions. Where could I find something like that? Hardware store?

Matt

Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM

any hardware store will have something, just take some measurements so you know how long you need. did the bike come with the passenger pegs? Like FiendCBR said... 2 longer bolts, two "shims" to extend the peg out over the pipe. Be sure to get a high grade bolt though, the amount of torque that can be put on those bolts could definately bend them.

Quick Reply: Hidle high mount won't lemme go 2 up.