F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hid ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a lot of confusion and misinformation here. The slim ballast kit is what you want. The ballasts are "slim" and fit in numerous crevices on the F4i...you also want 35W H7..you "can" do 55W buy why would you want to? More heat and more NRG. DDM used to make the kit (I have) but last I heard they stoped.

The reflectors in the headlight housing on the F4i are not appropriate nor manufactured for HID's...the "low beam" housing/side has a different reflector than the "high beam" side....THE REFLECTOR INSIDE THE HOUSING IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE! SO it is impossible for all the noobs that say "imma run dual low beams" bc you obv dont understand your bike..unless you tear out the high beam housing and somehow replace it with a low beam housing (and even then HID's are nuts bright)

Street visibility with HID's in the F4i are quite remarkable...I feel like I can see both sides of the road 100yards! Gorgeous......but ya, step in front of your headlights for 2 seconds and even remotely look in that direction and feel what oncoming traffic feels.....utter blindness

I am cognizant of the fact that my headlights are blinding and distracting so I just ride courteous and respectful...until someone pisses me off or tests me Then they see brightness and hear redline

Old 06-10-2011, 01:10 PM

nightshade tint on the headlights with hids is perfect

Old 06-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Sorry noober, but you are wrong. The high beam side can be reaimed in such a mannor that it does not blind oncoming traffic, but still provides plenty of down road light. The HID kit can be run with the high beam on 24/7 without causing any problems to your bike, or traffic. I have been doing it for a week now and not had a single person flash me. I also tested it by putting a cmera on the hood of a car parked in front of my house and goingto the end opf the street and making a video of myself driving straight at it, no light ever shined directly at the camera from the high beam side, only the low beam side. In fact, I might just make a how-to post with pics and a video.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:46 PM

its whatever u r willing to pay i believe i have a 55w 30k for my highs and let me tell u they r really bright and have 35w 3k for my lows and i still get flashed haha

Old 06-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuetip
its whatever u r willing to pay i believe i have a 55w 30k for my highs and let me tell u they r really bright and have 35w 3k for my lows and i still get flashed haha
30k HID's are like purple and hardly any usable light at night, more for show cars and 3k are yelow I believe.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM

just a blown fuse

Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Sorry noober, but you are wrong. The high beam side can be reaimed in such a mannor that it does not blind oncoming traffic, but still provides plenty of down road light. The HID kit can be run with the high beam on 24/7 without causing any problems to your bike, or traffic. I have been doing it for a week now and not had a single person flash me. I also tested it by putting a cmera on the hood of a car parked in front of my house and goingto the end opf the street and making a video of myself driving straight at it, no light ever shined directly at the camera from the high beam side, only the low beam side. In fact, I might just make a how-to post with pics and a video.
Ya..um, nope Adjust down all you want...you do know how much you can actually adjust right? Not much. Not sure where your riding but just bc you dont get a flash doesnt mean they arent blinded. There are soo many variables to setting up a camera like you tested. Just saying...the housing are not made for HID's and if you think you are not distracting oncoming traffic....then that's like your opinion...man

Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM

yep u r right jeffjones but at night my 30k is really bright, and yes 3k is yellow