F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

hi/lo light

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi/lo light

hi guys, i have a 01 cbr f4i, only the hi beam work, and only one side, i check the bulb, and it looks fine.
can anyone help?
thank you

Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hi/lo light

please elaborate

Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM

well, when the bike is running, only the hi beam works, but wheen i press the switch to lo beam (for night time), no light at all, can anyone help?

Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM

Well... at least first check the bulb itself and the fuse.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 PM

i dont if yours is the same as the 06, but if your lo beam's bulb is out then that would be the cause, as one side is hi and one is lo. so when u turn on the lo beam, it would turn off the hi beam side...if its not your lo beam bulb, it could b a wiring problem

Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

i dont if yours is the same as the 06, but if your lo beam's bulb is out then that would be the cause, as one side is hi and one is lo. so when u turn on the lo beam, it would turn off the hi beam side...if its not your lo beam bulb, it could b a wiring problem
i don't think so because on my '01 F4i when i turn on the high beam (i never turn it off) the low beam side stays on, my first guess would be a wiring issue.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 PM

thanks guys, anyone know where i can find the wiring diagram.?

Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Im guessing your bike is used and the person that had your bike before you was like me and couldnt stand the bike winking at on coming traffic and rewired it so that both are on/off all the time. But mine i either have both of mine on, high beam, and both off with halo lights on with low beam switch. Its usually a personal preference to most to either have them on or off, so im guessing that is what has been done to your bike. I dont have the wiring diagram on hand but if i come across it ill post it up for you. But if you got a voltmeter on hand the just check it with that, some of the same bikes seem to be wired with different colored wires anyways.

But if you do rewire just to let you know low beam switch is just gonna have one bulb on(low beam), and the high beam will have both on, if you didnt know this already.

Good luck

Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: F4inorfolkva

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

i don't think so because on my '01 F4i when i turn on the high beam (i never turn it off) the low beam side stays on, my first guess would be a wiring issue.
ya, thats what i meant, my low beam is always on, and when i turn on hi beam, they both go on, its just that one side is lo and one side is hi

Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM

Without spending hours chasing sparks, go out and buy 2 new bulbs 1st, its the cheapest and quickest fix. if it was working ok then bam it stopped working even tho the bulb looks good it probably went bad. Dont spend hours tryign to fix a problem as simple as a bulb, replace them first. Now unless you wrecked or some act of god happened between them working and not working its the bulb.

just my 2 cents, but coming from a aircraft maintenance background, do the quickest and cheapest fix first then if that dont fix it then dig deeper..

Good luck and let us know what ya came up with

Quick Reply: hi/lo light