F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

hey Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey Tahoe

I should be puttin my girl back together tomorrow and wonder what type of coolant I should use. Also if there are any tricks to bleed air out of coolant system, since you goota put it damn near all back together just to start it up. I had that freak fan disaster, and had to tear almost the whole front off just to get at it.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hey Tahoe

i'm not sure if you're planning to run track or not...but here are my picks...in order

1. Engine Ice...good for the track and great for cooling...works awesome...remove and use regular stuff when/if you winterize.
2. Distilled Water and Water Wetter...remove and replace with regular stuff if you winterize.
3. Honda Stuff...premixed.

before you put the radiator back on, plug the outlet and put mix of distilled water and white vinegar in it, shake it up, let is sit a few hours or even overnight, then rinse out with water and then distilled water, or just use distilled water.

get the radiator back on, fill up radiator with whatever you're using, rev bike, you'll see coolant get sucked down, fill again, rev some more. tap all the hoses to get the bubbles free, etc...rev again. everytime you rev, it opens up the system so coolant flows through it. any bubbles are forced out to the top of the radiator (burping the system).

now let bike sit, wait for t-stat to open, which will be around 180...then you'll see coolant level drop a bit...then add a bit more, then rev/burp some more...make sure all the bubbles are out..then you're done. make sure the bike is on the side stand and not a bike stand. makes the bubbles come out easier.

AND NEXT TIME...USE PM!
someone will delete this after you've read it and understand it...
it would be awesome if you do a tutorial on this!!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:41 PM

i need to do that too T, my fan is messed up, Err said he ran engine ice last summer with no fan and was fine, but i aint doin that, make this a sticky

Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Err can't even install SS lines...don't listen to him...he's a stunna type. you have to listen to racer types like woody, jason, etc...

i'm nerd type. i don't ride so i don't know either.i just sit in front of computer all day long and read the service manual and then go to starbucks for some latte.

hahaah j/k mang...you know...you can run without the fan but if you get caught in traffic or prolonged idling, you will hit high...you can do this with coolant, water wetter, engine ice, etc...

your fan is POS...the fan blade portion fell off the motor? hahhahahahah...

Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 PM

yea it fell off, i thnk it was about a week or so ago when i dropped from a 12 cause i remember hearing funky noises, and when i practice im at constant idle in the lot,

Old 05-14-2007, 03:48 PM

IDK mang...i would say you need the fan cause don't you run your idle way up for the ballerina wheelies?

Old 05-14-2007, 04:09 PM

nah i dont run my idle up too high cause i dont have slow stuff on lock yet so im gonna learn the hard way with lower idle so when i do get this **** on lock ill be that much better!