Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hesitation

1300 RPM that's what book says.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM

What exactly do you mean by "bog in neutral" like when you rev it is hesitates?

Old 08-05-2006, 06:51 AM

Yes in nuetral at idle if I quick rip throttle it bogs. All so they are building a new school across the street and there is always dirt tracks from the trucks in certain area's of the street. My brother in law(05 ZX-6) and I fool around on them. You know a cheap thrill without burnin rubber away. Thaty is when I really first noticed it. After the hesitation the R's jump like i had expected them to and I almost ate concrete. That is when I started noticing it does it in 1st gear at slower speeds from fully closed throttle. KInda like when you and your boy take off from a light and are still lying about what's her name he romps it and when you do the same it bogs at first.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM

Check your air filter and plugs. That is usually a good place to start.

Also get your gas from a different place than you usually do for a couple tanks. You never know when you are getting bad gas.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blackdog F4i
Also get your gas from a different place than you usually do for a couple tanks. You never know when you are getting bad gas.
Actually, everyone tells me that they know when I'm getting bad gas -- can't figure out how they know

Old 08-24-2006, 11:29 PM

Can someone define the word "Bog"?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:32 PM

A bog is a wetland type that accumulates acidic peat, a deposit of dead plant material. The term peat bog in common usage is not entirely redundant, although it would be proper to call these sphagnum bogs if the peat is composed mostly of acidophilic moss (peat moss or Sphagnum spp.). Lichens are a principal component of peat in the far north. Moisture is provided entirely by precipitation, and for this reason bog waters are acidic and termed ombrotrophic (or cloud-fed), which accounts for their low plant nutrient status. Excess rainfall outflows, with dissolved tannins from the plant matter giving a distinctive tan colour to bog waters.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:39 PM

thats really funny. now what does it mean on a motorcycle?
because i think i ahve this problem...

is it where when the engine revs up going thru the gears the tac/rpms move up and down in stead of smoothly. making the bike kinda sound like "vroo ooo ooo ooo ooom" in stead of "vroooooom" lol. thats the best way i can describe my problem.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:50 PM

You guys have to remember that bike fuel injection is not like car fuel injection. That is why quite a few of us run Power Commanders. This way you can clean up those flat spots in the fueling.

I suspect that many of you are having these problems only in the low RPM range (under 4K). These are RACE bikes, wind it out and the hesitation dissapears. That dosent mean 110 down main street. It means that instead of cruising in 6th, you cruise in 4th.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:00 AM

I have this problem even when I'm goin 110 down main st bro. im not cruising, i can be accelerating quickly and it seems like its wurring as it moves up the rpms. You can notice it the most when i'm at a high rpm in a low gear(1st or 2nd) were the tac doesn't stay level at say, 10 grand, it moves between 9800 and 10100 and you can really hear it. Ive had the slip on for quite a while and I've only started to notice this problem. and it seems to be getting worse.

Quick Reply: Hesitation