F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HELPPPPPPP >>>>>>NO rear brakes !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPPPPPPP >>>>>>NO rear brakes !!!!!!!

I recently took my bike apart to polish the frame , etc.Thru lots of trail and error Have completed my bike and actually got on it to ride last night PROBLEM....... I have no rear brakes ! Lever goes all the way down and nothing happens ! I read many posts on bleeding the lines but as much as I pump the lever nothing comes out no air ........no fluid ........ ??? What should I do ? Please help I WANNA RIDE

Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HELPPPPPPP >>>>>>NO rear brakes !!!!!!!

Man, other than bleeding the lines, I have no advice to you. Wish I could be of some help.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 PM

i know this is dumb make sure the brake is connected at the spring right but i dunno the spring popped off my brake on my 4 wheeler.....im not that great with stuff like this

Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 PM

nevermind that im an idiot

Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bleed the line, or umm make sure theres fluid just check the connection it cant be but so many things and its def not anything major its just u put something back wrong and it can be fixed easily im sure

Old 05-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Thanks guys . I'm new to all this and learning as I go !

Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 AM

yea i would just make sure there is fluid and check the lines maybe u cut a line or pinched a line or something when u were putting the bike apart or putting it back together

Old 05-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Make sure there is fluid in the resevoir, make sure the line is connected to both the resevoir and the caliper, make sure the caliper actually still has a brake pad in it. And finally make sure the brake pedel itself is actually connected to the rod, those are the only things I can think of that would cause your brakes to be out. Good luck.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 AM

You took your bike apart to polish it? How much chrome do you got? I covered all mine up with carbon fiber so I don't have to clean it. Oh well you have a serious problem here. First I would make sure that you have the rear caliper properly mounted. When I took my tire off to put on new chain and sprockets, the brake pad slipped when remounting and then I couldn't get any stopping cuz the pad was mis-aligned. After you have that done, you will need to have your brakes bleeded. I have never done it, but maybe someone has and can give you help. Good luck. Just down shift and use your front brakes. jk. you need the rears also.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also make sure when you're bleeding the brakes, the reservour cap and rubber insert MUST be on tight for it to bleed properly. I'm not sure exactly why... kinda puzzled me too. But at first I was bleeding it with the cap off cuz I was topping off the fluid, and my pedal quickly went from firm to non exisant. I finally figured out that you gotta fill it up, put the rubber and the cap on, bleed it a few times, take the cap off and refill, cap back on and bleed again, repeat. Soon my pedal started to come back up and it was rock hard again (ok that didn't come out quite right[:@] But you know what I mean). It's real picky, just like bleeding a clutch slave cylinder in a car

Quick Reply: HELPPPPPPP >>>>>>NO rear brakes !!!!!!!