F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help plz

Sup, I just bought a 01 f4i with 31k miles. it had been sittin around for 2 months so the owner just jumped the battery when he brought it to me so it ran for a while, not it wont run. I don't even know how to get to to the battery. Can someone please explain how to access the battery.

Also, what maintenance should I perform on this bike since it has 31k miles? It rides fine and everything but I know it could use some TLC

Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Default RE: help plz

Oh dear lord... 31K miles!!! Hope you got it super cheap.

To get to the battery, it's under the rider's seat. Not the passenger's seat... but the rider's. You have to pull on the back corner's of the seat and you'll see two bolts. Just spin those off with tools (not sure what exact size, but since for mine, the corner's are completely grinded off, so I used a wrench). The seat will come off after those 2 are out.

Inside, you'll see a rectangle thing with a whole bunch of wires connected. Just lift that up and put it to the side. Below it is a black plastic cover. Pull on the black ***** to unlock it and it'll flip up. I think the black plastic has + and - on it.

Below that is the battery.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 AM

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 12-28-2006, 04:51 AM

fixed the battery. just charged it. anyone know how to fic the cct? it rattles so bad in the low rpms. the FI light came on to but it still ran fine.
anyone know how to diagnose that FI light?

speedo doesnt work either. it comes on n everything but the mph stays on 0.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: whiteav6

fixed the battery. just charged it. anyone know how to fic the cct? it rattles so bad in the low rpms. the FI light came on to but it still ran fine.

So far, I haven't had problems with the CCT..... YET. Like people say, all F4i's will have that problem sooner or later.

As for the speedo/FI light problem... EXACT THING AS MINE. My bike works perfectly, no rattles, no problems at all. Just leave the problem as it is. There's good news and bad news because of it.

Good news: You'll notice your mileage don't increase since the speedo isn't working. It thinks your bike isn't moving at all.

Bad news: Your bike could be well over what it states.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ddaren

ORIGINAL: whiteav6

So far, I haven't had problems with the CCT..... YET. Like people say, all F4i's will have that problem sooner or later.

As for the speedo/FI light problem... EXACT THING AS MINE. My bike works perfectly, no rattles, no problems at all. Just leave the problem as it is. There's good news and bad news because of it.

Good news: You'll notice your mileage don't increase since the speedo isn't working. It thinks your bike isn't moving at all.

Bad news: Your bike could be well over what it states.
Uhh yah, that's kind of scary man. Plus I wana know how fast i'm goin so I don't get introuble by the popo. Is the speedo sensor in the front wheel or the rear? You know how to fix it? Yah I got this bike for 2k, pretty good deal. I just wana ride lol, been goin through withdrawals for months now haha. I rode 2nite and it was like 30 degrees heh

Old 12-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speedo sensor is in the tranny area.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM

that sensor is prone to getting **** stuck on it cause its a magnetic based sensor i beleive if you take the thing out clean it up and put it back in it may work i know harleys use the same type of sensor and they always have issues liek that with it.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 AM

anyone know a step by step direction to fix the speedo sensor? Also, how to fix the cct? It's driving me nuts.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:15 AM

Someone did a step by step instructions on how to do it but I cant find it yet..Hold in their some one might find it faster then me...I'm still looking..

Ok found one so far take a look at this link
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81780